3800 trip to zzp

• Thread starter imported_1fastGTP
  • Start date
I

imported_1fastGTP

well as some of you know i will be going up to ZZP for my XP cam install (and MAYBE! Full IC install if i can get enough money by then). Me kyle (clubgpgtt) Ron (scatman) and maybe another 1 or 2 people are tagging along as well. Just wanted to see if anyone else would like to join in on this trip. I want to take my vacation from work, so i was thinking the week after my birthday. the 9th-16th is looking the best right now. I'm going to call zzp just to verify and make sure all is good and then ill keep everyone up to date.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by 1fastGTP@Jun 5 2006, 05:26 AM
well as some of you know i will be going up to ZZP for my XP cam install (and MAYBE! Full IC install if i can get enough money by then).  Me kyle (clubgpgtt) Ron (scatman) and maybe another 1 or 2 people are tagging along as well.  Just wanted to see if anyone else would like to join in on this trip.  I want to take my vacation from work, so i was thinking the week after my birthday.  the 9th-16th is looking the best right now.  I'm going to call zzp just to verify and make sure all is good and then ill keep everyone up to date.
[snapback]128588[/snapback]​

9th-16th of JULY i didnt seem to put that in.. :blink: that may help a little!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
they charge the same
i guess the shipping charge vs gas these days was a toss up- total jk
it really isnt worth the trip IMHO unless you get the full ic
and make sure you call ahead day before and on the way ot the shop
i keep hearing random stories about people waking them up and meeting them after they are supposed to be open just to be let in the shop. you dont want that hassle

D

Dom87SS

damn you all. i should be up there around 1-3 of july for a tranny. it might actually be better to push it back to when you are goin to cruise over. but then again i do want my trans in and everythign sorted out that weekend before i leave. with a cam and ic install i dont know if he would have time to do that

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Jun 5 2006, 01:16 PM
If you don't want to make the long haul let me know. I can get it done for you for the same price.
[snapback]128608[/snapback]​

Yeah i decided to let Miller do my cam becasue of the price of gas and the fact of stories i been hearding about zzp also miller charges the same price and is 45min away instead of 4hrs and plus zzp u gota pay for gas and hotel ....Fuck driving to ZZP unless its free install..

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by syP@Jun 6 2006, 12:48 AM
thats a pretty arrogant response..

how would they make ANY money then?
[snapback]128672[/snapback]​

Who u directing that towards?.. Just the simple fact drive to zzp and wasting 60 in gas and another 120 on a hotel pluss food expences ....i'de rather have someone else do it and save the money

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP+Jun 6 2006, 12:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Jun 6 2006, 12:48 AM
thats a pretty arrogant response..

how would they make ANY money then?
[snapback]128672[/snapback]​

Who u directing that towards?.. Just the simple fact drive to zzp and wasting 60 in gas and another 120 on a hotel pluss food expences ....i'de rather have someone else do it and save the money
[snapback]128675[/snapback]​
[/b]
either you pay me now, or you pay me later..... :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

Yeah i decided to let Miller do my cam becasue of the price of gas and the fact of stories i been hearding about zzp also miller charges the same price and is 45min away instead of 4hrs and plus zzp u gota pay for gas and hotel ....Fuck driving to ZZP unless its free install..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahaaha

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
Originally posted by syP@Jun 6 2006, 01:50 AM
ZZP has EVERYTHING you need there... and they dyno tune your car as well.

i wouldnt talk shit if i have never been there.
[snapback]128684[/snapback]​
Ryan, if you say they dyno tune all the cars you obviously are the one that hasn't been there. They don't have a dyno. Im not bashing ZZP at all, they do amazing work, just tossing out another option.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by BumpinGTP+Jun 6 2006, 10:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-syP
@Jun 6 2006, 01:50 AM
ZZP has EVERYTHING you need there... and they dyno tune your car as well.

i wouldnt talk shit if i have never been there.
[snapback]128684[/snapback]​
Ryan, if you say they dyno tune all the cars you obviously are the one that hasn't been there. They don't have a dyno. Im not bashing ZZP at all, they do amazing work, just tossing out another option.
[snapback]128707[/snapback]​
[/b]

I believe Miller is correct. They do not have a Dyno in there building, but other people have told me they have a access to a dyno in a different location. The people that told have been to ZZP

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by smknL67@Jun 6 2006, 11:29 AM
How much are they charging you for the cam install? What kind of gains you think you'll see through the cam?
[snapback]128710[/snapback]​

i just sent them an email asken them what the costs would be for installations. As for the cam im not sure i rode in chads car and you can feel the difference and he doesnt have headers so i should see more of a gain since i have full exhaust.

03turbogt

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
Originally posted by SINr247@Jun 7 2006, 06:39 AM
with chads car....well its a car they all have stupid petty shit go wron after a major install...we call them bugs
hotel and gas prices-more like reverse those..zzp splits hotel cost with you
[snapback]128719[/snapback]​

I went to zzp for my trans and showed up and the people inside didnt even know who i was and why i was there i had to wait until zoomer came and he rembered me but i waited for a hour before he picked up his cell phone and decided to come in i wasnt very impressed with there shop becides the mounds of used car parts and there drag car i got to see but thats about it and i really havnet had any problems at all but i can use a better tune bec i know they didnt dyno tune my car. oh yea the ride there and back was a pain in the ass.

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
When I went up to get my brothers tranny built, I ran into no problems. I dropped the car off at the tranny place, they said it would be ready in two days. I went to ZZP to let them know the car was dropped off and to get everything payed for. I picked the car up 2 days later, took a ride with Zoomer, put the car back on the trailer and headed home. Couldnt have been simpler and its been over a year on the tranny without any problems.

Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info