3800 quick question!

• Thread starter imported_1fastGTP
  • Start date
I

imported_1fastGTP

well i noticed when i start my car, my belt squeaks.... i let it run for a few minutes and it quiets down a little bit but its still there.. is there a reason why it does that or is it A. New belt B. different belt than what i used before (old was the gator this is dunlop) i guess its the autozone version of napa. C. do the pulleys need oiling or anything? (i dont know if people do it)

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by gambino GTP@Jun 1 2006, 05:32 PM
While the car is on, check to see if one of the tensioners are wobbling. That was my problem, It used to wobble and squeak bad. I changed the tensioner and now it works perfect no squeak. If u like, get a gatorback belt they work great!
[snapback]128235[/snapback]​

yea when im free ill check out the wobbling, cuz i was in a rush today. I had a gatorback on before i got this one.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

The NAPA/Gates belt is the best, don't know about Autozone. Do they use the Dayco belts?

I know I sound like a broken record, but the GB belts suck ass. I have at least a half-dozen in my garage...and not on my car! If you want to try out a few sizes just let me know and I'll pick one out for you. :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list