3800 A little urban exploring *pics*

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
As some of you know I like to goto places that are abondon or supposly haunted. If you know of any let me know, but if there on the internet Ive probably been there. I was reading about this place on the internet that was supposly a old ski area. My friend and I checked it out one day. Its located in Cary off Cary Road.

Stuff I found on the internet:

"Cary - Cary Road - St. Barnabas - This place was torn down @ October 1997. Whatever this "place" was abandoned and in sad shape probably dating back to the 1960s or 70's at the least. What?s left if it is still forest but it all once stood across the street. A silo still stands as well. There was an old house (originally built in the late 1880s at first guess) overlooking Cary Rd and behind that was to us what was a "ski lodge" and further down from that were remnants of an old park district -- complete with tennis courts, a concession/locker room building and a huge in ground pool. None of this made any sense from a common-sense point of view. And all of this was in the confines of a huge forest. No old roads, no parking lots, nothing that should have been there was there. Witnesses have clearly heard heavy boot steps and young female voices calling their names. Cleary nobody else was within three-football fields distance from them and they were the only ones there. what the place was or what its functions were is not known and the police are really reluctant to tell anyone what the place once was and patrol the area to keep the curious away. "

"This is going way back in time but I think you are talking about what used to be a ski area called Fox Trails, built in the early 1960's. The A-frame building later housed a night club called Harry Hopes. I remember going to HH last in 1978 and I used to ski there in 1967 or so, it was a pretty good ski run but since we don't get much snow and they had to rely so much on man-made, I don't imagine they made much money. There was an attempt to make it a year around attraction with a pool, etc., I thought it was bought years ago and turned in to home sites because I was a pretty property."

DSC06551Small.jpg

We started walking down the trail through the woods.

DSC06552Small.jpg

The first sign of a ski area, looks like part of a old chair lift.

DSC06555Small.jpg

A small building in the woods.

DSC06556Small.jpg

We found a small road.

DSC06559Small.jpg

Another building comes into view.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
DSC06579Small.jpg

The new Wbodystore 4ft pulley

DSC06576Small.jpg

Debris

DSC06574Small.jpg

A gate

sat_view.jpg

A map of the area

The place was pretty cool to explore but there were no big structures left. The gravel area could be the tennis court and the big hole is I think where the pool was. The area was kinda hilly and there was a big like 50ft drop deep in the woods.

I

imported_Xerxeis

Old Union Cemetary in Kenny, Il, is most definately haunted. I've personally heard children's voices in the woods surrounding it before, at 2 am no less, so i doubt its actually any kids, and orbs filling the woods around the cemetary.

Some friends and I went last night and witnessed the orbs flying around the cemetary, flash-glow-out, flash-glow-out, all around. Then one started heading toward our truck about 10 feet away, and another was aparently like 6 inches from the back of my head according to the driver, i had turned around to talk to the person in the front seat. He then preceeded to floor it out of there.

So we were driving back to town and were discussing the orbs when we noticed the fields around us full of fireflies. So we stopped to look at them. They went flash-flash-flash, they were yellow, and much smaller than the orbs in the cemetary...therefore we do not believe the orbs were fireflies.

I've also seen orbs in Greenwood Cemetary in Decatur, Il. on the south hill by the lake. Again, bluish-white orbs of light flying around, flash-glow-out. At the same time, fireflies were flashing around my car, again yellow, not blue-white.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
That place you were at Mike, is right by my ex-g/fs house. Thats a pretty cool exploration you did there.

Ask the EX if she knows anything about that area.

dude! why didn't ya call me? 
if you decide to go back buzz me up

Maybe we can hit up some of those "haunted" places on Archer sometime. I never really checked out your area.

Originally posted by vipermike2002@Jun 1 2006, 09:12 PM
That place you were at Mike, is right by my ex-g/fs house. Thats a pretty cool exploration you did there.

Ask the EX if she knows anything about that area.

Maybe we can hit up some of those "haunted" places on Archer sometime. I never really checked out your area.
[snapback]128245[/snapback]​

i'm down anytime after 8pm
you saw the pics i posted about like a month ago. . .
and Nick, make sure Ryan comes along ;) ( not Syp-lol)

i DO have cold beer in the fridge :beer:

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
I know the place you are talking about in Carey. I used to go there years ago with some buddies. Back in the day there was a ski lodge there along with an old house that was STRAIGHT out of the Blair Witch Project.

We went there a thousand times and it was creepy as hell every time. It took us like 6 times of going there before we finally ventured down into the basement of that house with the dirt floor. Straight up the weirdest place I"d ever been to, but yeah I was there firsthand before it was torn down.

I remember we made the trip out there one day to find it had all been taken apart. We were crushed because there were some VERY unique stories I have from that place that my buddies and I experience firsthand.

When we used to go, we'd park at this church that was kind of across the street and below street level.
We'd go at night, park int he back, run across the street down the road that is in your picture (it used to be gravel).
On the right was the house and further ahead was the ski lodge area.

I can go into great detail about this place, in almost every facet of it's being including weird stuff like screams from the forest and doors shutting behind us that we had previously propped up.

I know it sounds like ghost story crap, but again we were there a LOT when it was really something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info