3800 GPG NAzi

bracketracer

Jun 20, 2008
I can't agree with you guys more. I am still pissed off that GPG '06 was cancelled, and my anger isn't towards Super Duty Promotions (they took the initiative to start the event back up, and have been trying to make it better each year). It's directed at the losers who never gave the new format a chance. My understanding is that the previous promoter screwed it up for everyone, and that's why it went away until Super Duty Promotions "bought it." There are way too many people in the Grand Prix community who are way too much talk, and absolutely no action. With most of the bitching and moaning that I am reading, I'm afraid that GPG will never return, and that is a major shame!
I wish that I had gone to GPG '02 as well, but I wasn't very active in the community back then. I grew up in Kansas, so it would have been a blast to go back. I'm sure that most of the draw was the Grand Prix plant tours (I've heard great stories). These morons don't consider the fact that even if we went back to KC, it wouldn't be the same, since the plant closed.
If moving it a little further south, to be more centrally located, would help increase attendance, I'd be all for that. I'd still go! I just wish that people would quit making excuses and living in the past, and support the only national event that supports the community.
I sure hope that we will see a GPG '07, but I'm not holding my breath. If I were the promoter, I wouldn't take the chance, based on the total lack of appreciation from the majority of the Grand Prix community (most of whom never even gave the new format a try!). My thanks to all of the rest of you who have supported it the last few years, and were going to support it this year!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I wouldnt care if its centrally located. I have no problems traveling for an awsome event.

I do agree that everyone on clubgp are a bunch of whining bitches that want a plant tour and a road course and has to have everything the way it was before for a good event.

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
If the vender's would of stepped up and showed up to the first event. People would of came to see those cars run. Instead of the normal slow 12 sec cars.

As for not hanging out in the parking lot meeting new people you must of been in the wrong parking lot cause we were out there till 5 am almost every morning.

I'm not saying that 02 wasn't a blast, but 98 was a blast also and how many people were at that one? The thing missing from the last two gpg's was the plant tour which was awesome and an actual auto cross track.

If Zoomer and Scott would of made it out for the 04 gpg, you don't think the Mich, and Ohio people would of made it also. Along with a ton more. The drag strip is 100x's better then KC's after all there isn't any friggin deer running across the track while your racing, and your not diving pot holes.

I am thankful that Super Duty took over gpg and gave it an opportunity to continue. I'm disappointed in this community for not being able to make it a continuous success.

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
Originally posted by alexgtp@Jun 2 2006, 04:13 PM
that was some funny shit.
and he is not even a member here anymore..LOL!!

i remember we started to work on fredo's car.. all of a sudden we started drinking beer.

Great times.
[snapback]128380[/snapback]​
yeah I saw in some of the pics Mike posted over on clubgp, that his car can be seen on jacks under that tent in the corner of the lot... haha poor fredo's car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info