3800 XP Cam Install

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 30 2006, 10:36 PM
3.0 with cam is fine, but headers would be a plus. A cam will lower the dynamic compression of the motor. 12 psi of boost on a stock cam, would be around 10 on a cammed car.
[snapback]128022[/snapback]​

U ppl dont seem to realize i have a gen 5 diff then your gen 3's ,And another i wouldent of got the 3.0 pully unless i asked Ron and Miller and Mike.k And zoomer from zzp and thay all said 3.0 is fine with my car with the cam

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 30 2006, 10:36 PM
3.0 with cam is fine, but headers would be a plus. A cam will lower the dynamic compression of the motor. 12 psi of boost on a stock cam, would be around 10 on a cammed car.

FWIW, Ive never seen an 04+ run a 3.0 non ICed with stock manifolds. And if it did, the run was INTENSEly short. :lolsign:

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Fish+May 30 2006, 11:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ron Vogel
@May 30 2006, 10:36 PM

FWIW, Ive never seen an 04+ run a 3.0 non ICed with stock manifolds. And if it did, the run was INTENSEly short. :lolsign:
[snapback]128028[/snapback]​
[/b]
duration>flow of port...

lots of good things happen with duration, I don't think most people realize that. Flow/lift numbers are for one fixed amount of time. If you increase the duration of the event, the ports will flow well enough to limp along. Yes, it will make more power with headers, but generally he will be safe running it like that as long as the tune is conservative.

I

imported_1fastGTP

so that means when i toss my cam in this summer ill be able to toss a 3.0 on as well? cuz now im getting kinda confused on some of this. For the Gen 5 putting a 3.4 is like putting a 3.2 on the gen 3? thats what some of you guys are making it seem.... let me know thanks.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@May 31 2006, 07:15 AM
so that means when i toss my cam in this summer ill be able to toss a 3.0 on as well? cuz now im getting kinda confused on some of this.  For the Gen 5 putting a 3.4 is like putting a 3.2 on the gen 3? thats what some of you guys are making it seem.... let me know thanks.
[snapback]128052[/snapback]​

THe GEN V blowers are more efficient than the GEN IIIs . Larger inlet/outlets obviously help the flow of the air hence making more boost. For example I see up to 11.5 lbs of boost with my 3.4 pulley. Yes thats equivelant to the same boost you would see with a 3.2 pulley on your car.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@May 31 2006, 07:15 AM
so that means when i toss my cam in this summer ill be able to toss a 3.0 on as well? cuz now im getting kinda confused on some of this.  For the Gen 5 putting a 3.4 is like putting a 3.2 on the gen 3? thats what some of you guys are making it seem.... let me know thanks.
[snapback]128052[/snapback]​

The GEN V blowers are more efficient than the GEN IIIs . Larger inlet/outlets obviously help the flow of the air hence making more boost. For example I see up to 11.5 lbs of boost with my 3.4 pulley. Yes that's equivalent to the same boost you would see with a 3.2 pulley on your car.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@May 31 2006, 11:13 AM
Honestly I think we should hold off on the 3.0 right now, until you get some injectors. Without the proper injectors, and your driving style you will be popping pistons like jiffy pop.
[snapback]128061[/snapback]​

LOL.. Yeah I think we all know Chads sriving style. I'll have to agree with Miller. I think he ordered Cobra 39 lb injectors. I can tune those install/tune those in for him. Will that be enough injector for a 3.0? I assume yes because the Cobras come with a 2.8 pulley stock.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
dif blower and motor, yeah chad you were almost out of injector with your current
as you keep saying your gen 5s push cooler air in, which means you need more fuel... why would the blower matter unless it was pushing less/hotter air. that has nothing to do with fueling.
and no if chad is putting a ic and headers on with gen 5 he will need atleast 42's,
heads and such will just put a bigger demand then that.

and whats the deal with the 04 gtp fuel pump. is it the same as the 97-03 l67 or is it the l26/l36 pump

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
you need the LIM from the gen 5 and the TB adapter. not worth the hassle. if you are going to change power adders go whipple or csc. dont waste your money or effort with that little of an upgrade. you wont be installing it yourself so you will be spending some loot. and your ic and cam you want will still work.
go big or go home you will spend close to the same in the end
id use your N20 kit before id go that route(money wise)

ernrcr3

Regular
Feb 26, 2008
Orland Park
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@May 31 2006, 04:18 PM
Honestly in my oppinion Nos is Fake Hp and its something for Ricers becasue there Engins can make enough power  So they use N20 to get to the hp of a stock gtp in a honda civic SI case but yeah N20 is fake hp and i wouldent even touch my car with N20
[snapback]128088[/snapback]​

Chad, when/where are you doing this... maybe i'll stop by and check out the progress... Call me.

-ern

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@May 31 2006, 04:18 PM
Honestly in my oppinion Nos is Fake Hp and its something for Ricers becasue there Engins can make enough power  So they use N20 to get to the hp of a stock gtp in a honda civic SI case but yeah N20 is fake hp and i wouldent even touch my car with N20
[snapback]128088[/snapback]​
i guess all the 4&5 sec. n/a big blocks funy cars are making fake horsepower.
fake horsepower makes your average 5.0 and ls1's get into 11's pretty easily.
you have to look at the long run part of it. if shaun wants to get rid of his car in a year or so, thats 400 extra bucks he has to spend just to sell the car as stock.
spray will get him his 12's easier then a cam will 20-30hp vs 55-100 , and its less stress on the tranny if its only second gear use

besides all that did you find injectors yet chad

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info