3800 Chicago People Please Step Inside

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I was in Chicago tuning my car with Xierxior. We were on a side road. I had to be doing about 85 in a 30 off of Pulaski and Lawerence area. I gues I got a few calls and sure enough I was still cruising when a Chicago cop saw me. He whipped his cherries on and did a U turn and pulled me over. As the local Chicago people know they do not have radar guns in Chicago, so he could not prove I was hauling ass. He gave me a ticket for Negligent driving. The cop said it would be slap on the hand and a $100 fine. What do you guys think? Will I get pinched or will they throw it out? I have to all the way downtown to the daily center. He said I must appear to get my liscense back.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@May 29 2006, 10:29 PM
Fucken cops i hate when they do shit the asume your fucken speed i had a ass hole state trooper pully me over didnt clock me or anything said i was doing 85 in a 55 i told em thats bullshit and i was doing 60 and he still gave me the fucken ticket i hate that shit
[snapback]127886[/snapback]​

INb4FLAME

May 24, 2007
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@May 29 2006, 11:29 PM
Fucken cops i hate when they do shit the asume your fucken speed i had a ass hole state trooper pully me over didnt clock me or anything said i was doing 85 in a 55 i told em thats bullshit and i was doing 60 and he still gave me the fucken ticket i hate that shit
X2. I had a damn sheriff say i was racing..what a bunch of bull :ph34r: :lolsign:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
If its like a parking ticket just pay the $100 and get it over with. When you goto court and say you were not speeding and the cop says you were, its your word against his and he always wins, its not worth fighting. If you got cought doing 55 over anywhere outside of Chicago you would have been arrested, car towed, and heavy fines at court.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Originally posted by Aircal+May 30 2006, 08:55 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@May 30 2006, 09:43 AM
Suck it up and pay the ticket/goto traffic school.
[snapback]127944[/snapback]​

And don't drive 85 in a 30 anymore!!!!
[snapback]127947[/snapback]​
[/b]

I hate to say it but times 2... You don't need a radar gun to tell you were speeding in a 30...

John

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@May 29 2006, 10:29 PM

you have when they give a ticket, after the person has already admitted to speeding. :blink:

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
cops dont need a radar in illinois. there is a law thats something like if they have been a cop for three years then they dont need a radar gun. i was riding along with a cop once and they were tellin me about it. and you DONT need a lwawyer to get court supervision. just ask for it. as long as your not on 2 current court supervisions, you can get it.

ernrcr3

Regular
Feb 26, 2008
Orland Park
Mike, go to court! GO! 50% chance the cop wont show and they will toss it out! Happened to me when I blew a red light in a commercial vehicle on the North side last winter.

Would have screwed my supervision too. and I would have had both on my record.

But the cop didnt show and I was the only on left in the courtroom. Judge said see ya!

Worth a try... especally if you have a clean record... then max is $75 and 6 mo supervision.

-ern

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
Now if you were on the southside of the city and it was getting dark, could just say you didnt feel safe in those neighborhoods and you were trying to get back to an area you were more familiar with, then they might buy it. Having lived in Chicago for five years, I tried not to go south of I-290 at night, I went through a red light once and kept going... cop pulled me over, told him i felt my life would be in danger and they let me go, told me to get home quickly... of course i played stupid... but it worked...

I agree with the other guys, go to court, maybe the cop wont show... its a 50/50 chance...

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Hey RedHot04GTP, no one needs a radar gun to tell that 80mph is a bit too fast for a 30-35 zone. This guy already admitted in his first post that he WAS speeding so quit trying to act like the officer trumped up some charge on him. You admitted that YOU were speeding too... you're just pissed off that you got caught. Man up a little and just take your punishment; it happens to all of us at some point.

Mikes3, since you have to go to court anyway, just make your appearance. Provided you have a relatively clean record and you're not currently on supervision in Cook County, you can plead guilty and request supervision. When the judge asks you how you plea, just say "Guilty, your honor, and I'd like to request supervision." If you're unfamiliar with how this works, supervision will keep the ticket off your driving record (and away from your insurance company) if you don't get another traffic violation within 90 days or however long the judge sets your supervision. One thing to keep in mind... a police officer CAN find out if you have had prior supervisions by running your driver's license on his computer. If you're on a traffic stop and he asks you if you've ever gotten a ticket before, BE HONEST. Lying is only going to guarantee that you get a ticket instead of a warning.

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Yoou are lucky.

What street near lawrence and pulaski? I work a cple minutes from there.

He could of been a dick and arrested you on the spot. Confiscated your car. They have been known to do that. I have 1st hand experience.

GO pay the fine and be thankful you didnt get screwed.

You could of gotten wreckless driving.
excessive speed
doing 40 over (automatic arrest)
racing/testing/ car.

etc etc

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by alexgtp@Jul 14 2006, 10:54 AM
Yoou are lucky.

What street near lawrence and pulaski? I work a cple minutes from there.

He could of been a dick and arrested you on the spot. Confiscated your car. They have been known to do that. I have 1st hand experience.

GO pay the fine and be thankful you didnt get screwed.

You could of gotten wreckless driving.
excessive speed
doing 40 over (automatic arrest)
racing/testing/ car.

etc etc
[snapback]132265[/snapback]​

I agree. I did get lucky.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info