3800 Need part number

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by Aircal@May 29 2006, 09:36 PM
The rubber push in elbow that comes out of the water pump into the engine broke on me today. And sprayed antifreeze all over.  Anyone know the part number? Can I get this at a parts store or have to see a dealer?
[snapback]127874[/snapback]​

Coolant elbow part # 24503423

$4 bucks last time I bought one at the dealer.

I've seen some look-a-likes at the parts store. Better off getting it at the dealer.

J.E.T.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Thank you picked it up this morning. $11.00... Now does anyone know how to install it? Its a hard plastic so you can't start both ends at the same time. I tried removing some brackets off the alternator but hasn't moved the outlet any.
Any help???? Please!!!

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by Aircal@May 30 2006, 08:46 AM
Thank you picked it up this morning. $11.00... Now does anyone know how to install it? Its a hard plastic so you can't start both ends at the same time. I tried removing some brackets off the alternator but hasn't moved the outlet any.
Any help???? Please!!!
[snapback]127946[/snapback]​

You have to remove the tensioner pulley to install the elbow. So in a nutshell, remove the alternator, remove the tensioner pulley bracket assembly - pull out the old elbow with it.

Then to install:
Lubricate the new elbow rings and shove it in the tensioner bracket first. While reinserting the tensioner pulley, line up the elbow and insert in LIM at the same time.

Sometimes (err, all the time), that tensioner pulley is hard to remove. Wiggle it back and forth and pull at the same time to take it out.

Oh, of course coolant will spill out. So get ready to catch some of that and refill.

J.E.T.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I broke the bottom nipple of the tensioner, off to buy another :angry:
Are there any GP parts that are easy to replace? My hands don't fit, I can't get light on anything, without burning myself. And every time you drop something it gets stuck in a black hole for 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Aircal
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list