3800 CAR PROBLEMS

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
I went out to go get gas in my car today. Actually it was about 15 minutes before this post. After I filled the car with Shell gas I fired it up and it started idleing real rough. I was like WTF. I threw it in drive and tried hitting the gas very lightly and it was real rough. I got it back home with the SES light blinking. I ran the scanner it I am running a missfire code. What can be causing this missfire? I just changed the plugs during mod day. The original wires have about 50k-60k miles on them. Please help

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by SINr247@May 29 2006, 05:05 PM
maf, idle control, changed plugs doesnt mean they were done right. and yeah its time for new wires. 
do you have stock cat, clogged cats can cause some odd problems.
and is your o2 sensor new?
[snapback]127835[/snapback]​

If the plugs were not done right wouldnt you think it would have dobe this on the first start up after the plug change? I pulled in the parking lot and turned the car off for about 3-5 minutes. It was fine for a about 3 blocks then the SES light started blinking again. How do I check the MAF / Idle control. I hope its just the wires. Thats what it did when the Taylors got old. Switched to the stock GM wires and all was fine

Do any of the vendors sell the GM stock wires? I need them ASAP

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 29 2006, 06:39 PM
Could have just got a bad batch of gas.
[snapback]127851[/snapback]​

Thas exactly what I was thinking. I decided to go to Autozone and get me a set of Bosh Wires. I know I know the wires suck but they will have to work for now. I just replaced them and all is fone now. I had a feeling it was the wires, but I wanted to hear opinions first. Thanks for the posts guys

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Every one has there own opinions, but why?

My TA had bosh plugs installed, it ran like shit. TR55's installed, now runs much better. I installed bosh plugs in my sisters integra (supposly OEM) it started misfiring again the same day. Installed NGKs, problem fixed. A friend had bosh brake pads on his Altima, they started sqeaking a few months after the install. His brakes still sqeak to this day. My friend had a machanic install a new bosh fuel filter on his LaSabre and it leaked when he drove home. I have no experience with Bosh wires but in my opinion Bosh is banned!

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by GTPPWR@May 29 2006, 11:34 PM
hey mike..check your plugs.  there is a good chance those old wires were arcing the plugs.  they might of cracked the porcelin(sp?).
[snapback]127892[/snapback]​

Sounds good man. I just ordered some stock wires from W-body store. I'm going to wait for those to come in. At the same time I'm going to change the plugs. I dont think I'm going to drive until then. It needs to rest

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by J.E.T.@May 30 2006, 12:34 AM
Glad you found the problem. 

If you're just gonna throw those new Bosch plugs away, I'd like take 'em.  :)
Nothing wrong with Bosch wires from my experience in the past.
[snapback]127912[/snapback]​

I'm probably going to return them. I still have the receipt. I think they were $50.00 w/ tax

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info