3800 Ive joined the dark side...I got a new toy!

I

imported_GraFFix

Dont have pics yet, the camera is still recharging. But its sitting in my garage As I type this and Its a blast to drive. I think I got more looks on the way home from picking it up then i have in the 6 years Ive owned the GP lol

UPDATE!!
-----------

Anyways...Ill explain a little since im sure some might think wtf on a few things.

The motor has 6k on it rebuilt with stock bottom end forged internals. theirs lot of other goodies but Im not going into that. :unsure: Its not the prettiest motor but looks can be decieving :ph34r: The motor will get some TLC in the apparence/cleanliness dept. but for what it is...it does one hell of a job lol

Trans is a 5spd world class t-5 with 2k on it.

The paint is about a year and a half old. still looks awesome but is in need of a good buff...Car was torn down and repainted...so its not a mask and tape job...doors, fenders all glass was taken out for the paint. Color is Chevy indego blue.

Interior was the least of my worries but bleh its not the best as to be expected for a 14 year old car and is definatly not my style but thats going to change very quick. The guy I got it from was going to do the interior next but had to sell it. He basically started with body then driveline...interior is really the only thing left.
Anyways Ive already decided it will get a brand new black interior, from new seat covers, carpet, door panels, headliner and all trim. One thing about mustangs...parts are dirt cheap! :)

And now for a few pics...Dont mind the dust on the car, I have no idea where it came from I didnt notice untill after i took pics...lol I just detailed it today. Thank god for california dusters.

Here are the crappy pics...I was to lazy to pull it out.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

And now for some quick idle vids...the car was just started and not warmed up so it was a little rich which tends to make the idle surge a bit. Once its warmed up a little more it smooths out just fine. B)

Right click/save as please

http://www.graffix.org/joeslx/idle1.avi
http://www.graffix.org/joeslx/idle2.avi

See you on the streets :)

I-Dom-In-8

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Nw side
Originally posted by GraFFix+May 28 2006, 12:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-I-Dom-In-8
@May 27 2006, 09:55 PM
joe mind if i stop by to take a look :eek:  :), i aint got notten going on tonight
[snapback]127734[/snapback]​
Ill see you tomorrow...give me a call when you get home.
[snapback]127740[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ohhh man thats awesome joe, ill call ya when i get back from my tune ;)

I

imported_GraFFix

Originally posted by vipermike2002@May 28 2006, 07:58 AM
What was wrong with the GTP that you desided to get a older mustang?
[snapback]127749[/snapback]​

Well Kyle pretty much summed it up. And I didnt get rid of the GP...its not going anywhere. I just wanted a car to have fun in the summer with.

The GP is still my daily and Ill have that car for a while still. 130k miles and still kicking.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
nice ride, are you goin to the track with it anytime soon, or are you going to baby it
"lack of comparable potential"
stock 5.0 blocks start to snap around 500 hp, tho they hold up well till then
i belive there is a few GPs that have dynoed alot higher then that around some of the vendors on stock blocks .. maybe even complete stock bottom ends

the fwd thing your right bout tho

I

imported_GraFFix

Thanks for the replies...As far as HP i dont know. the guy I got it form never dynoed it. he gave me some estimates but Im not saying anything untill i have proven numbers.
I had my brother drive it also since its been a while since i drove stick so I just wanted his opinion on the clutch and shift feel...he said it felt like it pulled harder then his viper. I dont know if he was boosting my ego or what but the car defiantly moves...as long as I can find 3rd lol

I still have a few things I need to pick up for it...right now its only got 1 16" fan on the 2" aluminum radiator and its thick as hell...because of the blower he had to mount it offset so pretty much half the radiator has nothing but air cooling. On hot days like today it tends to run a little hot in traffic. Ill be picking up a dual 12 or 13" hiflo electric fan for it in a few days to help with that as well as swap out the 180 thermo for a 160

If anyone knows of a good fox body shop please let me know I need to find a shop to do a tune and check the motor out a little more...I just want to make sure everything is working as it should. it feels liek it is but Its not like the gp where I can hook up my scanmaster or my autotap and check things out.
Plus i want a few suspesnsion parts added like subframe connectors and new tourqe boxes welded in to strengthen the frame..I dont want to start twisting quarter panels.

Kyle

TCG Elite Member
Dec 30, 2008
Downers Grove
Originally posted by SINr247@May 28 2006, 02:14 PM
nice ride, are you goin to the track with it anytime soon, or are you going to baby it
i belive there is a few GPs that have dynoed alot higher then that around some of the vendors on stock blocks .. maybe even complete stock bottom ends

[snapback]127763[/snapback]​

i definetly meant in sense of not what the block can take but potential for hp and times.

there are ALOT more 10 sec 5.0s then gps.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
nice car man. sounds sick. a good friend of mine had a vortech blower on his five-oh...he had NO kind of tuning at all, and a huge fuel system that was surely dumping way too much fuel, and ran a 13.3 @ 112 w/ street tires. it had stock heads, an E cam (a little less than a vs for a gtp..maybe like an HL or a stage 1) and stock intake iicr...that car should haul ass, and that sound of the blower is insane. have fun buying rubber all time :)

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Kyle+May 28 2006, 06:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@May 28 2006, 02:14 PM

[snapback]127763[/snapback]​

i definetly meant in sense of not what the block can take but potential for hp and times.

there are ALOT more 10 sec 5.0s then gps.
[snapback]127780[/snapback]​
[/b]
parts started coming out in 79 for the 5.0 when did we start making mods ...?
give us 20+ years
thats why 5.o parts are dirt cheap.......welcome to a less expensive hobbie, you are where most of us will be in a few years. congrats

G

GTs_Se_GP_FAMILY

Originally posted by vipermike2002@May 28 2006, 07:58 AM
What was wrong with the GTP that you desided to get a older mustang?
[snapback]127749[/snapback]​

Nothings wrong with the gp and he just likes mustangs he use to have one back in the day. He is picking me up from the airport in it when I get home from china.. weehee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info