3800 ANYONE WANT TO MAKE $100?

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I told some people at the mod day that i will pay them to fix my KR.

I NEED this KR fixed.

I will pay $100 personally to the person who can fix my KR problem.

you never know.. it can be something really simple.

and no... not reducing timing alot.... not taking off the belt....not unplugging the BBV.... none of that garbage.

My mods are in my signature.. i should be running 15+ * timing with NO kr.

i just want my car running right.

Let me know..

my cell is 630 989 0512

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by syP@May 26 2006, 01:25 AM
boost is near 9psi.... o2's are around 960...... Yes that seems kinda high... that is why i am going to get a standard 1.1 file put on tomorrow.....  but can +15 on the o2 cause 8*kr??
[snapback]127551[/snapback]​

your o2's are way to rich... you can knock from running to rich

do you have a powertuner you might need a custom tune or a mini-afc.

and what kind of plugs are you running? are they gapped between 0.50 and 0.53?

edit: can you get a scan of your car? how much kr are you getting? are you getting kr when you tip into the throttle or is it consistent? do you get kr when you're not at WOT?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Ryan, the first thing I would do is take stock of what is new, and what is not in the engine. There have been many different hands in that motor, and many different engine swaps. You probably have parts from here there and everywhere on there with different ages to each piece. This make diagnosing things very difficult.
Make yourself up a list (handwrite down on a sheet to first determine the mechanical soundness of the motor) You'll need to know how old the balancer is (or how many times it's been pulled), the age of the sensors, false knock investigation and so forth. The fuel knock issue shouldn't come into play at your 02's. Granted they are on the rich side, but it's a narrowband sensor, so any readings should be taken with a grain of salt. The target PE that I put in there was 11.4, which is pretty standard fare for a non-ic'd car.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 26 2006, 03:25 AM
Ryan, the first thing I would do is take stock of what is new, and what is not in the engine. There have been many different hands in that motor, and many different engine swaps. You probably have parts from here there and everywhere on there with different ages to each piece. This make diagnosing things very difficult.
Make yourself up a list (handwrite down on a sheet to first determine the mechanical soundness of the motor) You'll need to know how old the balancer is (or how many times it's been pulled), the age of the sensors, false knock investigation and so forth. The fuel knock issue shouldn't come into play at your 02's. Granted they are on the rich side, but it's a narrowband sensor, so any readings should be taken with a grain of salt. The target PE that I put in there was 11.4, which is pretty standard fare for a non-ic'd car.
[snapback]127557[/snapback]​

target PE is almost never actual PE and every car is different he might not knock if that tune was a little closer.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Ron: i know for a fact the whole longblock has ~80k on it.... the supercharger was factory installed and is brand new.... other than that, i have a 2000 alternator and the rest is outside the engine (like headers and stuff)... I havent touched the internals or anything

Gabe: well even tho it is a narrowband.... it still reads Rich.. and i know its GENERAL... but it still means im rich right?.... and upping it on the MAF would make it more rich........right?

Originally posted by syP@May 26 2006, 11:55 AM
Ron: i know for a fact the whole longblock has ~80k on it.... the supercharger was factory installed and is brand new.... other than that, i have a 2000 alternator and the rest is outside the engine (like headers and stuff)... I havent touched the internals or anything

Gabe: well even tho it is a narrowband.... it still reads Rich.. and i know its GENERAL... but it still means im rich right?.... and upping it on the MAF would make it more rich........right?
[snapback]127584[/snapback]​
ryan- yes it will make it richer. Hes thinking maybe its leaner then it says it is. If that makes things worse try going the other way.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Whats your addy? I'll bring the gas can, and the match.

Seriously though, I dont know how you still put up with that car.

Edited: Can you try a different PCM in your car? (I have a spare 97 Regal GS pcm, or the 1.0 DHP in my car FWIW) I dont know why I keep thinking its got to be the pcm, but thats one thing you've never changed, besides the tunes.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
what REally is bothering me and is staying in the back of my heads is my Fuel Rails..

i dont know why but i keep thinking there is a problem with them because i havnt checked them yet...... only 111k miles on them too....

And i put up with the car because i know there is a cure out there... and when i find it... my smile will be bigger than ditching the car and buying a new one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info