3800 Who Has A Power Tuner

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
You want to know what really up sets me? When I bought this Power-tuner I knew it wasn't going to be easy to learn, but when you don't have any direction what so ever how do you even begin? You would think this would come with some sort of guidance in regards to what the tuner has to offer. You spend $400 to get the power-tuner and access to a website. My problem is I need to see it in action. I am a visual learner. If there were instructions on how to use each sections of the power tuner it would be cake walk to learn. I have had the power tuner since December of 05. The only things I understand it PE Table, MAF table and the IFR. Just when I thought I figured out how to do something its completely wrong. I'ma little upset about this and I have a feeling I am not the only person

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Is this a joke ?

If you go to the FAQ section, there are numerous examples of how to use the product including screen shots.

There is also a tuner guide which pretty walks you through the process.

There are over 500 users on the forum available to answer questions.

The manual is ~180 pages (with screen shots and walk throughs for basic operations)

I hardly call that 'any' direction.... Tuning a vehicle takes time and patience and persistence. I have many people who emailed me when they first got the product stating they were over their head. Most of them seem not to have much trouble getting things figured out when they put a dedicated effort into understanding how to tune a vehicle.

I'm sorry you are having issues; however, there are many avenues for support.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well i see what you are talking about mike, i mean i didnt have access to the forum for months, and i was lost, i learned what i know from locals who have them that should me. but thats my case,
charles is right in the fact that there is many ways to get help and plenty of write ups. ....problem is ive looked threw those and im lost most of the time, i guess im a retard when it comes to this but maybe slight easier wasys to find stuff...but what do i know

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
This topic is covered in the following thread which was found using the search feature.

http://www.gmv6pcm.com/index.php?showtopic=2794&hl=pe+time

also here

http://www.gmv6pcm.com/index.php?showtopic=452&hl=pe+time

also here

http://www.gmv6pcm.com/index.php?showtopic=1568
(open the tuning guide document and start at page 35 )

Its also discussed briefly in the help file iwth the powrtuner program. you can press F1 to open the help or open the file in the PTHelp folder under the main program folder.

-----------

As far as what it does, this was answered on clubgp in your post so I did not bother here, but........

BASE PE is the target A/F ratio in Power Enrichment mode. You enter Power enrichment mode based on another table that specifies what TPS % signifies Power Enrichment mode. When you enter PE mode, your base PE is modified (adjusted) based on other criteria. One of those criteria is the PE time vs RPM table. This table is a MODIFIER table. The 'timer' starts when you enter PE mode. The RPM is simply the engine RPM. Take the two of them and locate the correct cell in the table. The value in that cell is then added/subtracted against the Base PE table to get a 'final' PE target.

If you see a number like -.5, it is going to subtract .5 A/F from the BASE PE target. If you see .5, its going to add .5 A/F to the BASE PE.

Realize that PE has a unit of A/F (Air to Fuel ratio). 12.5 would read 12.5 : 1. 12.5 is richer than 13 because 12.5 is 12.5 parts air to 1 part fuel while 13 would be 13 parts air to 1 part fuel.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by beyerch@May 24 2006, 05:31 PM
This topic is covered in the following thread which was found using the search feature. 

http://www.gmv6pcm.com/index.php?showtopic=2794&hl=pe+time

also here

http://www.gmv6pcm.com/index.php?showtopic=452&hl=pe+time

also here

http://www.gmv6pcm.com/index.php?showtopic=1568
(open the tuning guide document and start at page 35 )

Its also discussed briefly in the help file iwth the powrtuner program.  you can press F1 to open the help or open the file in the PTHelp folder under the main program folder.

-----------

As far as what it does, this was answered on clubgp in your post so I did not bother here, but........

BASE PE is the target A/F ratio in Power Enrichment mode.  You enter Power enrichment mode based on another table that specifies what TPS % signifies Power Enrichment mode.  When you enter PE mode, your base PE is modified (adjusted) based on other criteria.  One of those criteria is the PE time vs RPM table.  This table is a MODIFIER table.  The 'timer' starts when you enter PE mode.  The RPM is simply the engine RPM.  Take the two of them and locate the correct cell in the table.  The value in that cell is then added/subtracted against the Base PE table to get a 'final' PE target. 

If you see a number like -.5, it is going to subtract .5 A/F from the BASE PE target.  If you see .5, its going to add .5 A/F to the BASE PE.

Realize that PE has a unit of A/F (Air to Fuel ratio).  12.5 would read 12.5 : 1.  12.5 is richer than 13 because 12.5 is 12.5 parts air to 1 part fuel while 13 would be 13 parts air to 1 part fuel.
[snapback]127335[/snapback]​
those links are buck.. :ph34r: :lolsign:

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
the way I handle pe vs time is very simple look at your scan as soon as you enter pe start counting the seconds if you're 6 seconds into the WOT run and you're leaning out you decrease the value in that cell..

mike if you're confused and need help send me a PM I could stop by and show you how everything works :p

Originally posted by xierxior+May 25 2006, 04:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12
@May 24 2006, 09:51 PM
Take him up on this mike.. I dont want anything to happen to your motor...
[snapback]127371[/snapback]​

I'd like to have friendly race with mikes car as well... with my 3.4 I'm running 20* of timing at WOT and 0k, o2's around 925
[snapback]127420[/snapback]​
[/b]
weak!
3.2" 25* of timing and 900 02's B) oh yeah....no kr

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by xierxior+May 25 2006, 04:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12

I'd like to have friendly race with mikes car as well... with my 3.4 I'm running 20* of timing at WOT and 0k, o2's around 925
[/b]

I'm sure we can set something up. You got PM

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Partyhardoo69+May 25 2006, 07:27 AM-->
Originally posted by xierxior@May 25 2006, 04:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12

weak!
[snapback]127425[/snapback]​
[/b]

That's the kind of set-up I am looking to have once I get the big IC on my car :)

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Partyhardoo69+May 25 2006, 07:27 AM-->
Originally posted by xierxior@May 25 2006, 04:48 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12

weak!
[snapback]127425[/snapback]​
[/b]

alky!!!!! cheater! that setup must haul balls with your o2's around 900 hmm?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by beyerch@May 25 2006, 11:25 AM
25 at WOT timing is too much.  I'd back it off a couple of degrees.
[snapback]127460[/snapback]​

But Charles, that makes no sense. I thought you could run a dime on the snout as a pulley and 50* of timing as long as their is no knock and you will be wicked fast. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info