3800 WOW, ZZP and Zoomer just lost some of my respect

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
Actually, I think the guy is freaking out a little too much. I had the same setup done to my car, and then some more, but it took 5 1/2 months. I was more anxious than upset. He seriously needs to chill out, same thing happened to me, except he's getting less of a car in half the time.

BTW, if anyone thinks they can't get the same setup for cheaper, bring it to me...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The guy might be freaking out too much but the email response from Zooomer just displays how truly arrogant he is. You should have heard him down at ACS. He'd be in a good position to start humbling himself now before he takes that big fall. You can't ever forget where you started or the people that got you there.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i agree^^^^

although its kind of disappointing when you are put to the back of the line, there is a lot of work to be done, and i know at least when im doing a car, seems like its good to get your head away from it for a few hours/days then come back to it fresh, plus they are taking their time and NOTHING will be overlooked. however, when i had the cam install done their (not as big of a job but still) they got me in and out (i was staying at a hotel). good luck man

J.E.T.

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Zoomer is doing the best he can. Not sure why you would loose respect for the top person giving the community the fastest parts available.

ZZP is taking time to do the job right. Nothing wrong with that. Take my car for example - the previous owner brought it to ZZP and dumped $12+ on it. Not sure what happened, but the owner at the time must have rushed ZZP to do the job. The end result was not pretty. All plugs were hand tight. When I replaced them, I simply twisted them off by hand. And of course, the trans#1of3 failed after 3-4 months - clutches burnt, etc, etc. I find little things here and there that are not right such as bolts missing.

Moral of the story is - a rushed job is a bad job. So it's a great thing that ZZP is taking their time to do the job right on this car.

People, we have some good vendors out there. Let's support them.

J.E.T.

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
Originally posted by Mike K@May 23 2006, 05:16 PM
The guy might be freaking out too much but the email response from Zooomer just displays how truly arrogant he is.  You should have heard him down at ACS.  He'd be in a good position to start humbling himself now before he takes that big fall.  You can't ever forget where you started or the people that got you there.
[snapback]127222[/snapback]​

I agree that Zoom can be kinda naive in his emails, but I also understand he gets TONS everyday. They way he says they have more R&D, more testing, and more innovation than any other vendors brings his comments of "spending hours upon hours answering phone calls, answering emails, and helping customers" into question. Not to mention all the novels he types out on ClubGP using the gay search to somehow site many threads everytime.

On the otherhand I understand the guy's comments of "This is how a customer spending $x gets treated." The thing that puzzles me is how they keep stopping in the middle of custom projects forking out big money to work on other cars. They DO charge all their labor, so I don't see what the poiint is in this...?

Oh well, the guy will be happy with his car in the end at least.

What was Zoom saying at ACS?

nitrous

Regular
Mar 9, 2008
Racine, WI
Originally posted by J.E.T.@May 23 2006, 05:23 PM
Zoomer is doing the best he can.  Not sure why you would loose respect for the top person giving the community the fastest parts available.

ZZP is taking time to do the job right.  Nothing wrong with that.  Take my car for example - the previous owner brought it to ZZP and dumped $12+ on it.  Not sure what happened, but the owner at the time must have rushed ZZP to do the job.  The end result was not pretty.  All plugs were hand tight.  When I replaced them, I simply twisted them off by hand.  And of course, the trans#1of3 failed after 3-4 months - clutches burnt, etc, etc.  I find little things here and there that are not right such as bolts missing.

Moral of the story is - a rushed job is a bad job.  So it's a great thing that ZZP is taking their time to do the job right on this car.

People, we have some good vendors out there.  Let's support them.

J.E.T.
[snapback]127224[/snapback]​

I understand your point here, but sometimes a half year to do a turbo kit IS a long time, regardless of how many times you stop. Bending IC should take a solid day TAKING YOUR TIME. Headers (welded and coated), 3 weeks since Matt sends them in batches. While the exhaust side is out, assemble the motor and mount the IC. Should take a week (being generous).

Remember, this is their only job/career. Not just their hobby. You are paying them for a service. Timely or not.

red gtx

Regular
Jul 3, 2007
Elgin
I might be a little anxious to get my car ( YES )

I might be an ass, for wanting my car ( YES )

But when they have had my car for almost 13 weeks, and I have an e-mail from Matt saying it would be done BEFORE MGM ( one month ago ), BUT now they are working on other people's cars...... YEAH>>>> I'm gonna be a little pissed :angry:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
The guy might be freaking out too much but the email response from Zooomer just displays how truly arrogant he is.  You should have heard him down at ACS.  He'd be in a good position to start humbling himself now before he takes that big fall.  You can't ever forget where you started or the people that got you there.

Well said Mike!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
wow, that is not surprising. everytime i called or e-mailed them i felt i was rushed
even when i was considering getting there turbo kit and was asking question about benifits with there kits vs cartuning.(great time for a vendor to brag about there product)

i think zzp has gotten to the point were they dont consider any other vendor an option for customers..there #1 in there minds and everyone else starts at way down the line. they need more mechanics,not 7 dif people to answer the phone to tell you 1 of 2 people that can even attempt to answer your q's is not avaible or not in the office today(happens often)

i hope everything goes well with getting the car back...but at this point what are going to gain. all you will have is a guy who is pissed at you working on your car, and now will most likly be rushing your car off to shut you up. you dont want all your money to be a waste

glad i stay local, and can relay on people i can see face to face and have time for you.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

Not to get too off topic, but your head can get pretty big as well Mike. :ph34r:

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Originally posted by SINr247@May 23 2006, 06:26 PM

glad i stay local, and can relay on people i can see face to face and have time for you.
[snapback]127237[/snapback]​

but what local shop could you trust and believe in to do a 15k build hoping to run a reliable low 11 sec et? i dont know of any. on the other hand i agree with others (off topic) that i like to do things my self...but a huge build, i would 100% trust WBS or ZZP with.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by RED GTX+May 23 2006, 11:09 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@May 23 2006, 10:28 PM
true.  they have an awesome shop with a ton of projects going...i was there with chad for a dyno run...seems like most of their stuff is all csc's though...procharger and other vortech stuff
[snapback]127255[/snapback]​

Does ZZP have a dyno?
[snapback]127257[/snapback]​
[/b]

yes they do. ill be getting my car dyno'd from there in july before and after the xp cam install.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by RED GTX@May 23 2006, 11:16 PM
REALLY ------ THANKS!!  I WAS TOLD THEY DIDN"T
[snapback]127259[/snapback]​

since i havent been there i cant just go out and say they do but since i have spoken to zoomer he said that i could get that done i would assume they have there own unless they have a nearby spot they get tested from. He and others told me that they test and dyno prove all there items which is always a plus to me.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Mike K@May 23 2006, 11:35 PM
Not to get too off topic, but your head can get pretty big as well Mike. ph34r.gif
I would love an example. You're the ONLY person that I've ever heard this from and I don't think anyone on this forum would back you up.
[snapback]127263[/snapback]​

Publicly, I stand alone. Thats fine with me. At least it gets out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info