3800 Dodge Stealth vs. Grand Prix

I

imported_Xerxeis

Well, I decided to beat a dead horse...again and again....

Today, we raced again...

after my exhaust mods, he's having a little trouble pulling on me. he ended up passing me at about 105, so I believe i'd still win on the 1/4 mile

but now questioning engines....

his vs mine
3.0L 3.8L
222hp 200hp
217lb-ft 225lb-ft
2982cc 3785cc
10.0:1comp ratio 9.4:1
3373LB curb weight 3378LB

shouldnt the bigger engine have more power?

now the question...

his-24v DOHC mine-12 OHV

Does those OH cams really make that much of a difference?

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So my friend in his little Stealth with only intake and exhaust says he can take on any GTP and win....

He thinks he has 250 hp, which is 10 under a GTP, but he swears up and down he beat a GTP.

What can i do to shut this mofo up? I know my GT doesnt have crap on him, but i still give him s*it for it anyways :D
[/b]

well Im 256 WHP with a tweaked dhp tune from Dyno pro.. Ill give him a shot.. :D

audiogob654

Jun 20, 2008
your not going to get far with that tranny jason... so ill do it
<div class='quotemain'>
So my friend in his little Stealth with only intake and exhaust says he can take on any GTP and win....

He thinks he has 250 hp, which is 10 under a GTP, but he swears up and down he beat a GTP.

What can i do to shut this mofo up? I know my GT doesnt have crap on him, but i still give him s*it for it anyways :D
[/b]

well Im 256 WHP with a tweaked dhp tune from Dyno pro.. Ill give him a shot.. :D
[/b][/quote]

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
your not going to get far with that tranny jason... so ill do it
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

OUCH...

Ill sit this one out... your right... Good looking out... ;)

I

imported_Xerxeis

HA! He admits the power of the GTP. And interested in race day :-D but needs alittle paragraph structuring...

i agree with the blasphemy part, its not a gto, and its a disgrace to call it that, but it really is a good platform tho, handles great, great power curve, and shit that thing drifts amazingly well...but still, it looks like a oversized cavalier i will admit. and the exhaust leak wouldnt hurt that much like i mentioned, but it does mess up ure back pressure, right up next to the headers and its only on one runner so have the cylinders are goin all the way through and half are coming right out of the engine practically, and its throwing off my oxygen sensor and its revin kinda weird. but yea, ill deff be ready by may. i drove a gtp yesterday. jenis old one, its green by lincoln school, my girlfriends dad was looking for her a car so i testdrove it for him. got to admit, its got alot more torque off the line itd deff beat mine, from a roll tho i think id easily walk away, but maybe not. but i do have alot more respect for the platform after driving it. but they, like my car, are front wheel drive which isnt my thing. but yea, get me some more info on the track day.
str8 [/b]

he thinks he knows cars, but he's just feeding a line of BS...but if i can get him to Byron... :lolsign:

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Yeah, way back when when I had my non turbo 89 Eclipse I pulled on a 3000GT SL. They're crap. Theyre about 500 pounds lighter than the VR-4 so it helps a bit, but not enough. Now with twin turbo and AWD, we're talking mid 13's from the factory after '93. Before that it's low 14's. I actually want a VR-4/ Stealth R/T TT BAD, but it'll never happen. Waaaay overpriced. He's able to pull you at higher speeds because the older 6G72 (before they started putting it in the Eclipse) has killer top end. That's where those engines really shine. The L67...not so much. But we get the low end torque. In the 1/4 though yeah, you'd take him no prob. Damn Mitsu/DSM roots showing through again lol.

Silvapain

Regular
Jan 29, 2008
Limestone
DOHC plays a big role in Hp numbers from an engine. Less drivetrain parasitic loss. OHC engines also rev up quicker, and have a higher max RPM. The fact that he has twice the valves also gives his engine an advantage.

If it makes you feel any better, my N/A 3.4L DOHC V8 has almost the same Hp as my F/I 3.8L V6. Go figure.

I

imported_1fastGTP

i ran a vr-4 2 months before i went turbo. had the cam and everything. we were at a light, i didnt think much of it. i thought hey just a regular 3000gt... nah i was wrong. i shredded him off the line(he prolly threw me the hit), then i start seeing him come up on me to almost my bumper...he came up next to me i asked him what he had cuz i never heard of a vr-4 and he told me it was twin turbo... and i was impressed. he said he had exhaust and somethen else mild done. he followed me on the highway... yikes. he let me take the hit at 60mph and once we got up to about 80 or so... he is about a car ahead of me still pullen slowly... it was good stuff. now id like to see him again :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info