3800 Install help...$$$

Just picked up a set of new TOGS. I've never done anything close to this kind of work on any car, so I would like to have someone who has done them before, help me put them in. I also don't have the best tool selection in the world. I have the space to do it in my driveway or even in my two car deep garage. I'm also willing to drive to someone's house to get this done.

I have all the gaskets and hardware and even a downpipe that will work for the time being untill I get the one for the TOGS welded to my current downpipe. I know alot of you guys are hella busy but I'm willing to spend an entire Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Please post up or PM me if you can help me out. Of couse I will pay for this work to be done, shoot me a price and we'll go from there. Thanks

Jeremy

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
do you have any friends that could help you out..i was intimidated by my togs after hearing horror stories of header installs, however once i got into it, probably took a max of 4 hours...but we did it throughout the day..couple beers, some mickey-D's, and waa-laa. i would say with some BASIC handtools you could do it in 8 hours or less with a couple extra hands in there. but if not, i hear ron does very good work, and a lot of people have had him install there headers/pems.

Originally posted by phat_ridegt@May 22 2006, 10:25 PM
do you have any friends that could help you out..i was intimidated by my togs after hearing horror stories of header installs, however once i got into it, probably took a max of 4 hours...but we did it throughout the day..couple beers, some mickey-D's, and waa-laa.  i would say with some BASIC handtools you could do it in 8 hours or less with a couple extra hands in there.  but if not, i hear ron does very good work, and a lot of people have had him install there headers/pems.
[snapback]127152[/snapback]​

I'm scared....my bro usually helps me out when I need it, but he said he wouldn't touch them. I'd like to split the headache with someone that has at least done them before.

I have messaged Ron, I do need the shorty downpipe installed too, so he might be able to weld that also. I'm hoping to use my w-body store 3"downpipe and chop it up and use it to weld in the shorty one. We'll see what happens.

Good to meet and see some of you again this weekend by the way...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info