3800 Set some new PB's today

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Weather was great for racing today, but the track was PACKED!
New 60' PB of 1.830
New ET: 12.672
MPH was a little down, but still ran 108.65 on a 12.70 run

Funny thing is, I still have some room left! I've had a growing axle problem, that may have been giving me some false KR, and I wasn't launching as hard as I could have. Went for broke on my last run, but came up short on the 60' (1.908), and MPH and et were bad 13.20@102

guess I better send my slips to Paul!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by preussenGTP@May 21 2006, 11:24 PM
from a 13.0 before i think..
and this is on a stock cam and heads right?:cheers:
[snapback]127013[/snapback]​
stock cam/heads/valve springs/block/trans

The only thing really different from last track day was some revised custom LCA's, and BFG DR's. I was able to get a tenth better on my 60's, but the real benefit was not having to fight traction all through first gear. I found a problem with my fueling system on Friday before I left for the mod day, but I cant tell if that was hurting ET's or not before.

Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 22 2006, 12:29 AM
stock cam/heads/valve springs/block/trans

The only thing really different from last track day was some revised custom LCA's, and BFG DR's. I was able to get a tenth better on my 60's, but the real benefit was not having to fight traction all through first gear. I found a problem with my fueling system on Friday before I left for the mod day, but I cant tell if that was hurting ET's or not before.

oh you tried out your new LCA's from that post on wednesday - do you think they helped your launch? how jarring was the ride with those?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by preussenGTP@May 22 2006, 12:14 AM
are you thinking about marketing and selling these? - can these be used on a daily driver?
[snapback]127022[/snapback]​
Yes, but we're just testing them yet. I had a test last year on a low-budget version of these, but they didn't last long on the street. However, the parts to build them were VERY cheap, and how they were fabricated contributed to the failure.

These are a bit better because bearing replacement is possible, and can be done on the car without removing the LCA. Also these are military grade bearings, they may just hold up OK on the street. I drive the car more than average, so I can accelerate a normal wear test. We're looking for how quickly it wears out w/o grease, then replacing the bearings with greaseable ones.

It will be a bit on these, and I'm lloking for other things to do other than just seaming all the welds on the exsisting LCA.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Ron Vogel@May 21 2006, 11:18 PM
Weather was great for racing today, but the track was PACKED!
New 60' PB of 1.830
New ET: 12.672
MPH was a little down, but still ran 108.65 on a 12.70 run

Funny thing is, I still have some room left! I've had a growing axle problem, that may have been giving me some false KR, and I wasn't launching as hard as I could have. Went for broke on my last run, but came up short on the 60' (1.908), and MPH and et were bad 13.20@102

guess I better send my slips to Paul!
[snapback]127012[/snapback]​

Very nice Ron. Ron and I went head to head on our last runs. THats when I scored the 13.72 with the 2.0 60 foot. Thanks to Paul he gave me some nice tips on how to launch. THANKS PAUL!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info