3800 Ugh!

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Man... someone has it out for me! on the way home from work last evening, i start hearing suspension clunkings in the front. so i get home and crank the wheel, sure enough, i snapped the sway bar link... OK not so bad. So today I go to get under it to see about replacing it... Strike 1... car has 1.5" lowering springs... car ramps don't fit. Strike 2... car has 1.5" lowering springs.... cant get jack under front of car to suspension... Strike 3..... if i put the jack on the body, the LCA just separates from the sway bar and the jack will run out of travel before the wheel is off the ground.... ARGH!! (and no, i havent had it up on jack/jackstands since i bought it.)

Soo... on to checking out the strange scraping sound on my suburban... Strike 1... Jack is too short to raise frame up and get fully extended suspension off the ground. Strike 2. Placing the jack under the LCA leaves no place for jack stand on the LCA, and if it goes on the frame, suspension travel puts the tire on the ground. Strike 3... Since I havent had the wheels off of the suburban since i bought it, either, I failed to realize both of my metric socket sets stop at 19MM, the lug nuts on the truck are oh, 21

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH

oh and of course, MOD day is way out in Harvard... no time for that!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Toasty
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list