3800 2 things...

tonys99gtp

Regular
May 19, 2008
Carpentersville
Real Name
Tony
Originally posted by Xerxeis@May 18 2006, 01:54 AM
Does anyone know the part that you install in a fenderwell CAI to prevent water from entering is? cant find it anywhere...

and also, does anyone have a spare airbox they'd sell and how much?
[snapback]126479[/snapback]​

I run my fwi as is. I have nothing from keeping the water out. I dont know the part either. As for air box what are you looking for, stock or thrasher, wizair?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
AEM and other ricer brands have them they are for pressure drop in the system...water getting fully sucked up
summit has them along with pep boys in the sport compact area(neon and shiny crap to make you think car is faster area) or try topspeed on archer in chicago..its import specilty shop
in my opinon it is a spot in your intake to that will get heat soaked faster and how drives threw 3 ft puddles anyways, our blowers will burn up any little amount of water that we suck up.
stock air boxs get water sometimes too. lucky you have a m90

I

imported_Xerxeis

Originally posted by SINr247+May 18 2006, 12:17 PM-->
AEM and other ricer brands have them they are for pressure drop in the system...water getting fully sucked up
summit has them along with pep boys in the sport compact area(neon and shiny crap to make you think car is faster area) or try topspeed on archer in chicago..its import specilty shop
in my opinon it is a spot in your intake to that will get heat soaked faster and how drives threw 3 ft puddles anyways, our blowers will burn up any little amount of water that we suck up.
stock air boxs get water sometimes too. lucky you have a m90
[snapback]126529[/snapback]​
[/b]

I wish i had an M90 :( Just me and my little GT

I'm just worried about when i go thru the water crossing out here in the country (fun fun :p ) and when it storms bad here, since i'm a spotter i get to drive in simi-flooded streets from time to time, i just dont want my rods to go through the block the the next lvl guys truck when he sucked in some water

AEMintake.jpg

This is what i was looking for :D The AEM was the company i couldnt think of, Thanks Sin!

<!--QuoteBegin-tonys99gtp

run my fwi as is. I have nothing from keeping the water out. I dont know the part either. As for air box what are you looking for, stock or thrasher, wizair?

I was thinking of just taking a stock airbox, gutting it and putting something flat and hard to seeal over the pcm/origional intake area using that intake to cool the pcm, while then cutting a hole in the top side of the box and taking pipe/filter to the fenderwell...shorter pipeing and the pcm is still mounted solid,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list