3800 WBS/ ILGPC Mod & Race Weekend (Recap)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
With people coming from Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Missourri, and other surrounding states 2006 is shaping up to be ILGPC's largest mod day to date. This post will cover some final details about the mod day.

Basics

The main event/ mod day is on May 20th. Specific information about both days can be found here.

There is a $5.00 entry fee when entering. This fee covers bathrooms only as we're going to have a port-a-john (probably should be anchored to the ground <_< ) on site.

Food/ Beer

Beer is brought to you by W Body Store and DHP in the form of two Kegs. If you think that you might require more feel free to bring it. There is community food... I.E. you bring buns, Bob brings hamburgers, Joe brings Carrots, Karen brings plates, and some idiot forgot napkins so use your shirt.

There is a food list here.

Lodging

Tents! Bring your tent and camp out. You'll have a great time and be in the company of other (drunk) people! There is plenty of room for camping and there will be a large bonfire towards sunset throughout most of the evening.

Saturday Events

We have enough activities to keep you guys busy all day. In the morning we're going to demo putting in a turbo kit. In the afternoon we're going to run you guys through the basics of a motor including assembling the motor that will go in our drag car. Our drag car will be in presence so you guys can check it out in all it's hawtness. Unfortunately I couldn't get a set of headers in time to get the car running this weekend so it will be in attendance though without a heart.

Entertainment

Towards the afternoon/ Evening we'll have a live band playing. Thank these guys when you see them. They rock out live and they are doing the gig for free. We'll have CD's setup for the band on site. You can also check them out at: www.ambrosekingandtheriverrats.com

Swap Meet

Got old parts from your Grand Prix you want to sell? Feel free to bring them out with you. Bring a sheet of some sort to set in front of your car to lay your parts on. We'll also have some of our performance parts on hand to take a look at and purchase if you're so inclined.

Caravans/ convoy meetings

There are multiple convoys forming but they will all meet at one place: Dicks Sporting goods in front of Streets of Woodfield. Information regarding the main convoy leaving from Dicks can be found here.

As a special note, we offer camping for two reasons.

1. We want to make it convenient for those that need to work through the night on their cars or just don't want to have to leave the event and then meet up with everyone the next morning to go to the track.

2. This is the important one. We DON'T want people driving under the influence. These are two lane (one each direction) country roads. We had a dumbass, and I can't stress how stupid this move was, get into his truck last year and wrap his car around a tree at two in the morning. The cop's let him off because they were surprised he didn't die after seeing the wreckage. Nice kid; dumbass move. We don't want to recreate that scenario especially when we're dealing with powerfull cars. Please bring camping gear or sleep in your car if you think you're going to liquor yourself up. There are plenty camping there so don't think you'll be alone.

See you all Saturday!

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
just an idea.... when everyone arrives, we should get everyone together and introduce ourselves out loud because there are lot of new people that dont know everyone. after the 50 car 4-corners meet we suggested a piece of paper in the windshield of our cars with our ILGPC name so we know whose car is whose too........... just a suggestion. Last time there were a lot of people at the meet that i didnt know about till they posted about it.

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by REDHOTT04GTP@May 17 2006, 11:11 PM
oh stickers that say HELlO MY NAME IS....lol.........<--------- just kidding

im sleeping in my car i just installed my in dash dvd player with ps2 :ninja:
[snapback]126435[/snapback]​

hmmmm i kno where ill be chillen... haha nah i cant wait to check out other peoples rides...

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Originally posted by 1fastGTP+May 17 2006, 11:30 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-REDHOTT04GTP
@May 17 2006, 11:11 PM

hmmmm i kno where ill be sleepen... haha
[snapback]126441[/snapback]​
[/b]

cuddled up next to chadd?

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by chipmonk212121+May 17 2006, 11:32 PM-->
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@May 17 2006, 11:30 PM

[snapback]126443[/snapback]​
[/b]

no in the trunk of erics turbo'd prix haha

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by chipmonk212121+May 17 2006, 11:32 PM-->
Originally posted by 1fastGTP@May 17 2006, 11:30 PM

[snapback]126443[/snapback]​
[/b]

No thatsa Kyle(clubgpgtt) hahhhaaa just kidding lol :lolsign:

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by MIKES3@May 18 2006, 09:42 AM
Should I bring my air compressor? Its wuite large so I didnt want lug it around if no ones going to use it. Remember, I do not have air tools, but if someone has them I will bring the compressor

Mike
[snapback]126507[/snapback]​
I will want it for syps lugs and I have air tools so I would request that we have atleast one compressor.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Blownbyyou+May 18 2006, 10:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@May 18 2006, 09:42 AM
Should I bring my air compressor? Its wuite large so I didnt want lug it around if no ones going to use it. Remember, I do not have air tools, but if someone has them I will bring the compressor

Mike
[snapback]126507[/snapback]​
I will want it for syps lugs and I have air tools so I would request that we have atleast one compressor.
[snapback]126514[/snapback]​
[/b]

Consider it done

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by CoolGTX+May 18 2006, 06:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX
@May 18 2006, 05:35 AM
what about sunday? :unsure:
whats going on at the track? :unsure:
not that I'll be eligable, any prizes? :unsure:

[snapback]126493[/snapback]​
whats the big secret?? <_<
[snapback]126580[/snapback]​
[/b]
yeah im wondering this too. is there a diff power adder class like IDD

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I don't think it's a secret, just hadn't been posted yet.

I have been rallying for a gambler's bracket. Like $10 to enter, 50% for 1st, 30% for second, 20% for 3rd. We have a big enough turnout for the race, and someone could drive home with cash in hand, not to mention some WBS goodies.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

just some stuff I was thinking that people may be forgetting to bring. Stuff like waterless hand cleaner, shop towels, PB Blaster (or your penetrant of choice) for those stubborn nuts and bolts. Also, my buddy says that he sprays down the back side of his camaro with WD-40 so all the track crap and rubber doesn't have to be scrubbed off later, it just wipes off. WD-40 won't hurt the paint, I knew an old guy that used to "wax" his truck with it.........weird guy.....but nice rust free truck :)
CJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info