3800 You guys want to see something?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

upload_446ba2637f10a.jpg

You'll all hear me blabbing at Mod day about it, but you won't really be able to see it on the car. I'm going to be beating these on the street to se how they hold up. These are a bit better than the last incarnation, and bushings only require snap-ring pliers to change.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

When you accelerate, bad things happen in the LCA's on our cars. All cars react differently too, mostly because of the front bushing. I've done dozens of swap outs for people during rebuilds. The front LCA bushing is weak, and the factory paid no attention to the orientation of the bushing when they installed them. The stock bushing has a hollow section to allow it to flex, if installed right; TQ steer and deflection aren't so bad. If installed wrong, the car steers you all over the road.

The other issue is CV boots popping off, IMHO the LCA also has something to do with this. As the car launches, the LCA's pitch inward at the front, and outward at the rear. This will cause the hub to pull on the boot.

I'm sticking with the rubber bushing for the rear, as I do want some give, I found traction is improved with these on, it may be inducing some body lift also.

I had a set on last year, and I can't tell you how excited I am to get these on the car. The shifting, and ride is the cat's ass! It's one of those mods that makes a huge difference in the feel of the car.

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
can i have a set?

didnt the GMPP handling package include them? Or maybe it was just the trailing arms, sway bars and strut bars.

anyways, how hard are they to swap and when will they hit the market? I'm all about the way a car feels, and the more comfortable i can make mine, the happier ill be

I

imported_Ron Vogel

These are spherical bearings, it actually allows more travel, and smoother to boot. The stock bushings are mushy, and have a lot of rebound. I also looked into poly replacements, but after talking with several supension guru's, and doing my own research, I found Poly has no place in a control arm. Poly can exasserbate problems inherit in the design.

I'll bring a stock removed bushing with me to the mod day, and a previously modified set of LCA's to show the difference.

REDHOTT04GTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Romeoville
Originally posted by MIKES3+May 18 2006, 06:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Xtant12
@May 18 2006, 06:10 PM
YEAH.. I have a bunch of TQ Steer when I hit it.. I think these are a good idea..  Let me know when we can get them.. I will buy them... GOOD CALL MIKE VOGEL !!!!!!
[snapback]126573[/snapback]​

I think you mean Ron Vogel.
[snapback]126576[/snapback]​
[/b]

:lolsign: :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info