3800 WHEEL STUDS

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Snapped another one today trying to put on some rims..

As of now.... i have

Drivers side front : 3 studs
Drivers side Rear : 4 studs

Passenger side front : 4 studs
passenger side rear : 4 studs

so 15 studs total out of 20 that are supposed to be on the car.

fucken firestone ripped me off last year and installed shitty studs..

my question is... can anyone on here replace these?? If so.. where can i buy the studs and maybe hub at?

If not... can anyone direct me to a place that CAN fix these

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
They are easier than pigs on shit, hell you don't even have to go to a dealer, you can go to a parts store and grab them.

I could possibly due it thursday if you would like, tonight i am busy.

If not you could do it your self, its really easy take the rotor off pound the old ones out and slide the new ones in and get an impact and some washers and walla your done.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
That should be okay, if you want we could wait till mod day. Its really up to you. Thursday I just have to go to the gym and maybe work on some fuel rails but other than that I am okay.

LMK

the only one I would really worry about now is the driver front.

Which ones are left and which are gone?

2 3
4 5

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by preussenGTP@May 17 2006, 01:21 PM
Syp - if you decide to come out this way, i'll lend a hand since i'm not workin now.
Adam does good work and has decent tools. There are alot of auto stealerships and parts stores around where BBY lives just in case :blink:
[snapback]126297[/snapback]​

Stop hitting on me you homo. :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

Decent tools, WTF are you talking about, I have EVERYTHING. Except for a damn PT.

Originally posted by Blownbyyou@May 17 2006, 02:23 PM

Stop hitting on me you homo.  :lolsign:  :lolsign:  :lolsign: 

Decent tools, WTF are you talking about, I have EVERYTHING. Except for a damn PT.

my six year old niece has more and better tools than you do! Playskool tools at that! :p

and you 'going to the gym' consists of a snooze in the sauna, quick dip in the pool, then the snack-bar. . . so just go help Syp with his hubs and studs :lol:

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Originally posted by Blownbyyou@May 17 2006, 01:19 PM
That should be okay, if you want we could wait till mod day. Its really up to you.  Thursday I just have to go to the gym and maybe work on some fuel rails but other than that I am okay.

LMK

2  3
    4  5
[snapback]126296[/snapback]​

I AM MISSING

2 from the drivers front
1 from the drivers rear
1 from the pass front
1 from the pass rear.

so i have 15 studs on the car.. and missing 5

yea lets just do it on the mod day........ umm.... what do i need to get?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Originally posted by syP+May 17 2006, 08:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Blownbyyou
@May 17 2006, 01:19 PM
That should be okay, if you want we could wait till mod day. Its really up to you.  Thursday I just have to go to the gym and maybe work on some fuel rails but other than that I am okay.

LMK

2  3
    4  5
[snapback]126296[/snapback]​

I AM MISSING

2 from the drivers front
1 from the drivers rear
1 from the pass front
1 from the pass rear.

so i have 15 studs on the car.. and missing 5

yea lets just do it on the mod day........ umm.... what do i need to get?
[snapback]126380[/snapback]​
[/b]
Is some one going to bring a air compressor, i can bring my impact and make it a lot easier install. Also you need a hammer and maybe a big punch to bash out the old stud. Oh ya, and tools to take the brake caliper and rotor off. I think thats it.

yea i did 7 studs on my car and didnt have to replace nor take off the hub to get them in. i was just wondering cuz ur first post you said you wanted to do the hubs also. ahh well if you need help on mod day with your studs let me know i can help.

edit: by the way autozone has them. i forgot how much but cheaper than dealer. dealer wanted like 7 bucks a stud. i got them at autozone for way cheaper than that. the only thing is they are not the hyper-extended studs but same thread length.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
5 studs and some beer. but make sure they give you the right ones. take a lug nut to make sure it fits, take them to the mod day, grab a beer, and install, grab another beer, repeat.

edit: another thing the only thing you need an air compressor for is to take the wheel off. nothing more.

I dont know about you but I am not installing studs with out a compressor, and by the syp and "sick" today, if you want to do it before the mod day.

Originally posted by Blownbyyou@May 18 2006, 08:17 AM
5 studs and some beer. but make sure they give you the right ones. take a lug nut to make sure it fits, take them to the mod day, grab a beer, and install, grab another beer, repeat.

edit: another thing the only thing you need an air compressor for is to take the wheel off. nothing more.

I dont know about you but I am not installing studs with out a compressor, and by the syp and "sick" today, if you want to do it before the mod day.
[snapback]126499[/snapback]​
what do you need the compressor for?

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Originally posted by Ricky Gonzaelz+May 18 2006, 07:00 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Blownbyyou
@May 18 2006, 08:17 AM

[snapback]126499[/snapback]​
what do you need the compressor for?
[snapback]126587[/snapback]​
[/b]

to use the impact to drag them on!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info