3800 blower rebuild?

May 24, 2007
Originally posted by xierxior@May 15 2006, 11:29 PM
ok so zzp sells new bearings to rebuild your eaton blower but I heard you need a spechial tool to get the old bearings out.. where do you get this tool?
[snapback]126015[/snapback]​
good question. i need to swap a bearing on my S/C. seems to make alot of noise when reving at high rpm. (and no its not the supercharger wine...) its like a fluttery squeeking noise.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Ricky Gonzaelz+May 16 2006, 01:17 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@May 15 2006, 11:29 PM
ok so zzp sells new bearings to rebuild your eaton blower but I heard you need a spechial tool to get the old bearings out.. where do you get this tool?
[snapback]126015[/snapback]​
good question. i need to swap a bearing on my S/C. seems to make alot of noise when reving at high rpm. (and no its not the supercharger wine...) its like a fluttery squeeking noise.
[snapback]126062[/snapback]​
[/b]

mine sounds like I have rocks rolling around at idle it doesn't fully go away once the car is warmed up I'm thinking its the bearings since I replaced the coupler about 1000 miles ago..

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

If you have a machine shop near you, they should have a hydrolic (sp?) press and it shouldn't take that much of their time or your money, the rear needle bearings, I think Ron told me that people get them out with compressed air through a little hole in the blower.......but didn't say how they go back in. Sorry I couldn't help more.
CJ

1quickgtp

Mar 16, 2008
Originally posted by PaceCarBoozer@May 15 2006, 10:36 PM
getting them out I don't know if you need it, but getting them in I'm pretty sure you need a strong press
CJ
[snapback]126016[/snapback]​

CJ are we still meeting up to day in gurnee mills for this supercharger

you said you were going to call me yesterday if we are on or not

I need to know ASAP

thanx

call me at 262 308 1909

bye

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• X
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list