TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI+May 16 2006, 10:53 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Toasty
@May 16 2006, 11:09 AM
Post something when you find a DOT legal setup
[snapback]126088[/snapback]​

No such thing because we need a projector headlight or one certified for a xenon kit. Since no one makes projectors there will not be a DOT certified conversion kit since its all dependent on the headlight itself
[snapback]126098[/snapback]​
[/b]

Department Of Transportation... governs leagalities of vehicles, including light assemblies.

Using HID retrofit kits, like those linked is illegal... the halogen light housings do not have the correct reflectors to direct the light properly to the ground in front of the car, thus possibly blinding oncoming traffic.

Ya'll can use the hid-look alikes etc, but if you mod hid projectors into your stock housings, i wouldnt if i were you.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Toasty+May 16 2006, 08:42 PM-->
Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@May 16 2006, 10:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Toasty

No such thing because we need a projector headlight or one certified for a xenon kit. Since no one makes projectors there will not be a DOT certified conversion kit since its all dependent on the headlight itself

Department Of Transportation... governs leagalities of vehicles, including light assemblies.

Using HID retrofit kits, like those linked is illegal... the halogen light housings do not have the correct reflectors to direct the light properly to the ground in front of the car, thus possibly blinding oncoming traffic.

Ya'll can use the hid-look alikes etc, but if you mod hid projectors into your stock housings, i wouldnt if i were you.
[snapback]126189[/snapback]​
[/b]

there's a few guys on clubgp that add a projector into your stock housing it works rather well and directs the light foward/towards the ground.

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by xierxior+May 16 2006, 09:02 PM-->
Originally posted by Toasty@May 16 2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by DaytonaPrixMI@May 16 2006, 10:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Toasty

[snapback]126189[/snapback]​

there's a few guys on clubgp that add a projector into your stock housing it works rather well and directs the light foward/towards the ground.
[snapback]126190[/snapback]​
[/b]

to each his own, but i wouldn't reccomend it.
not likely to happen, but what would happen if you had the modded bulbs in your car and for some reason an oncomng car was temp blinded and crashed into something/someone. if a witness gets your plates, and you're caught, you are in sooo much trouble...

again not likely to happen, but never say never

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
DOT is overated.
LOL!!

I have had MY HID conversion (rebased philips bulbs for 9007, philips ballasts, upgraded wiring and power harness with all fuses) for 3 yrs. Never had a problem with the police. (well due to the headlights..LOL!!)or oncoming traffic.

While our headlamps are not the correct housing. You can always adjust your headlamps so as not to offend on coming traffic. ALso going with the D2R bulbs will help diminish increased glare (D2S are made for projector beams D2R for reflector type headlamp housing)

If possible Always insist on Philips ballasts and bulbs (or osram/hella) All others are not worth the time ,effort, or money.

I know a cple oter ppl on here have mccollough kits which have also been a good buy.

HID's for GP's are nothing new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info