3800 gains from 75mm tb?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
with my mods, what kind of gains can i expect to see out of a 75mm tb? probably a wbs kit so ill be using a stock maf. i know i need to be thinking trans but i want to take this as far as i can.

also mike, i will email you if this is a good mod for me right now, but will u be able to bring this to mod day? and the discount still apply or is that over?

I

imported_Ron Vogel

You can gain a decent bit from it, but it's subjective depending on the total package.

If you were a high boost/rocker car, you would have more to gain. It will definately help, somwhere on the order of 1-2mph trap in your case. However, IMHO cammed cars don't see as much of a gain with a TB. The inlet of the SC needs to be as open and unrestricted as possible, the vacuum created before it can drag the rotors increasing parasitic loss and generating heat. The purpose of a bigger TB is generally to reduce this loss and help cool the outlet SC temps. Of course the extra flow is nice, but the stock TB can actually flow enough air for a pretty high HP motor.

If you can go for the option of using an outboard MAF you'd be better off. Don't get the "re-calibrated" ones either...already hard enough to tune a maf, let alone one that the electronics have been modified in! Go for the LQ4 MAF, cheap, reliable, and flow tons of air.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info