3800 Help, car died while cruising

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I was cruising along at about 25mph thru the neighborhood, the rpms started to go down and the engine stalled. I slipped it in neutral, started the car and it went to idle, then stalled again. I tried this 5 more times before I called it quits. :angry: Everytime the car starts, it runs for about ~3 seconds, then dies out. NO security light. NO check engine light, NO other warning lights. I tried keeping the revs up, holding them at about 3k, the engine still stalled while I was holding the gas. No matter how much I pushed the gas, it made no difference, the engine would stall out no matter.

I hooked up my handheld scanner to the car, and noticed everything showing readings MINUS the bank 1 sensor 1 (front) O2 sensor. The rear started to show readings (.015) before the car died, while the front showed .000.

Fuel pressure regulator dead? O2 sensor dead?

FWIW I have the fuel pump re-wire, and I do not believe its a fuel PUMP issue.

Help!

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Definately was the fuel pump resistor. I used the pic from one of the guys sigs on ClubGP, but my fusebox was layed out differently. I went by the chart on the fusebox cover and found the FP speed control relay, and bent out the tab (tab 85) that was the same (the relay, not location though) in his pic.

Thanks guys, I thought the ZZP FP rewire bypassed it, but guess not. I made it to 128,263 miles before mine failed. IN the midwest too. Heh.

relays.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info