3800 opinions please!

I

imported_1fastGTP

well i have a TOGS with R/T D/P with cat and SLP exhaust i love the deep tone at idle and low rpm but when u rev it sounds sooooo damn ricey or when u get on it u hear the rasp which i hate!!! i want to kno if there is a way to get rid of that so it sounds deep all the way through? or is there a nice setup i can go with that will give me the deep sound at rev and so on? please give me ur ideas because its just bugging me i have a mean looking car but i dont have the sound to back it up! blah! thanks.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by 1fastGTP@May 10 2006, 10:21 PM
well i have a TOGS with R/T D/P with cat and SLP exhaust i love the deep tone at idle and low rpm but when u rev it sounds sooooo damn ricey or when u get on it u hear the rasp which i hate!!! i want to kno if there is a way to get rid of that so it sounds deep all the way through? or is there a nice setup i can go with that will give me the deep sound at rev and so on? please give me ur ideas because its just bugging me i have a mean looking car but i dont have the sound to back it up! blah! thanks.
[snapback]125333[/snapback]​

get a different exhaust setup. The SLP exhaust if i'm not mistaken is barely restrictive. Get something like the dynomax, and it should tone it down.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
summit resonator=25.99
force muffler=29.99

and all similes

force give that throaty 70's muscle car sound. they sound great with a cat...

cats are needed with blowers to get rid of the rasp
turbos are another animal....you just cant make these car sound bad :D

and yes SLP catbacks are a big rip off for what you get uninstalled.
sell yours and put the stock back on or have fair make one for you
stock doesnt equal a bad thing. it will sound diff with headers then the stock EMs and DP. and its not a restriction. except the u-bend

I

imported_1fastGTP

am i going to loose my loudness? cuz i love how loud it is at idle and everything its like perfect! what bout glasspacks? i heard those work really well. i just dont want to get rid of my loud tone its just right not to loud not to quiet.

my previous exhaust set-up was:

PEMs (still have these)

3" DP

3" diameter exhaust - i suggest that instead of 2.5"

no resonator

no cat

Magnaflows
blahface7xz.gif

WAY TOO L O U D for me. . . you may want to consider getting Flowmaster 40's or the ones Sinr suggested before from Fair (Imco?) those sound pretty sweet and the price sure is right

:cheers:

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by SINr247@May 11 2006, 12:13 AM
trust me, the turbo the res., the muffler and highflow cat it sounds good as hell
and at idle my fans are as loud as my motor...i love it.

trust me at 12-13lbs of boost all your here is that thing spooling and then screaming
[snapback]125375[/snapback]​

well now thats the thing u are turbo'd i am not... so theres a big DIFF!

Originally posted by syP+May 11 2006, 01:03 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-SINr247
@May 11 2006, 12:01 AM
speak for your self  :D
[snapback]125368[/snapback]​

umm your car probably sounds like shit at WOT from the rear...

this is a GRAND PRIX you know
[snapback]125371[/snapback]​
[/b]

this is why i put my stock mufflers back on - cause V6's sound like
blahface7xz.gif

my current set-up (in my sig) sounds ok - and isn't restrictive.

after 20 minutes on the highway with the old magnaflows my ears were ringing!
and don't forget about the unnecessary attention you may get from the law]
blahface7xz.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info