3800 DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT

I truly think that if you have a problem with the product, you should talk to the manufacturer. If you are talking about the timing commander, then it is true, this is the first failure we have had. The one that was returned from you worked fine in bench and field testing. As a matter of fact, the exact one that was given back to use is currently installed, and working, on a CTS-V.

I replaced the one that you had a with a new one. If you are having problems, I will gladly replace it again.

And, I will reiterate, this if this is in fact defective, it will be the first failure we have seen since the one that was returned works fine. I currently have over 200 units in the field.

Contact me through PM if you are having problems. We will get it worked out.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Sinr,

This stuff should be handled between you and the manfacturer, not on the boards like this. I personally hate reading these types of threads

-------------

Justin,

Don't take this the wrong way, but I visually verified one of these not working in the field and I think its this guy's. Matter of fact, I know this came up before on here and I explained exactly what I'm going to explain again.

To summarize :

When installed in his car, it would cause the pcm to see a very HIGH temperature. Like insanely high temperature. No matter what setting it was turned to, it did this.

After removing it and hooking up the IAT sensor, normal operation was detected.

Furthermore, after taking out my $1 radio shack 10K potentiometer, I was able to correctly get teh temperature to go between the -40 C and +140 C with no issues.

We both know that all this item should be doing is modifying the resistance that the PCM sees on the IAT lines. Because of the results above, there was something fishy with that gauge AND his car.

Am I going to say there's something wrong with this gauge ? No, I can't. However, I will say with a pretty good certainty that there is something with his car AND the gauge.

Now for some food for thought. I remember way back when I first got an ICCU put in my 98 by digital ken. We had a shit load of problems with the IAT. As it turned out, we had to make a modification to the ICCU wiring in order for it to work. If I recall correctly it had something to do with grounding issues in the car. My car was completely stock so this was quite a suprise for me, but maybe something similar is happening here and that is why you can't recreate it on the bench, etc.

When he was at my house and he had this problem (which i verified), I recommended that he go up to you guys in person and have you take a peek at it. I know you have a scantool (or more than one :) ), etc. Did you guys happen to take a peek at the replacement you gave him in the car to see what was going on with it ? IF its the same problem as before, when you check the IAT reading, its going to have a ridiculous temperature reporting from the PCM.

fwiw

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
yes charles you checked mine out i was the guy. we checked everything many times
sorry to bash but havinga $99 part messing up a motor with about 6k into it does not make me happy. this product worked for months..well half worked. it would not command more then 5+. the postive 6&7 settings wree dead
so it was working only 80% i didnt car much because of never needing to add that much but its obvoius this is not a single incedent, and should be looked at by caspers

i dont even want a new one i just wont that ting as far away from my car as possible, every time my car acts funny as hell its the TC that wouldnt work right

im just using the powertuner from now on, at least i can count on that.
sorry to vent and thanks for the input, at least charles can confirm i havnt lost my mind or making this about.

The exact unit that was given to me as a return was tested on the bench as functional and now working in the field.

It is entirely possible that there is a confilct with the vehicle. But, it is very important to figure out WHY. If you have a questionable ground or a "floating ground" per say, it may cause you problems. I don't deny that it is not working for you but I would like to inspect the unit to verify that it is in fact functional.

I have some solutions for you that may solve this problem and some potential problems. Get in touch with me via email and we will get it squared away.

But, I do stand by my pervious statement that I have yet to see a failed unit in my hands. Seeing as though the PCM is seeing some impractical and unrealistic values makes me think that something else is going on.

Anyway, let me know.

Scatman

Sep 8, 2008
Daytona,
Is there any way of testing it on another car with the same PCM settings that Sinr has on his?

Sinr,
To see if it is the PCM that may be causing it would you want to borrow my ICCU for a while to see if the pcm is having issues excepting information from any other devices? or If you want i have an extra PCM from my 02 impala LS you can borrow and tune it to your desire.

The reason i am saying this is how many people are actually running dhp 1.9 with a TC you said it worked for a while and actually since the TC is nothing but firmware and hardware it can not virtually change with the exception of the settings that the firmware allow you to change. The only thing that can be changed would be the PCM.

But i may not know what the hell i am talking about i was just throwing this out there.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by DaytonaPaceCar@May 9 2006, 01:29 PM
The exact unit that was given to me as a return was tested on the bench as functional and now working in the field. 

It is entirely possible that there is a confilct with the vehicle.  But, it is very important to figure out WHY.  If you have a questionable ground or a "floating ground" per say, it may cause you problems.  I don't deny that it is not working for you but I would like to inspect the unit to verify that it is in fact functional. 

I have some solutions for you that may solve this problem and some potential problems.  Get in touch with me via email and we will get it squared away. 

But, I do stand by my pervious statement that I have yet to see a failed unit in my hands.  Seeing as though the PCM is seeing some impractical and unrealistic values makes me think that something else is going on. 

Anyway, let me know.
[snapback]125162[/snapback]​

Thats how I look at it too. If the unit is in the field and ok, then its probably in the car, especially if a second unit does the same thing. A potentiometer worked because its not really doing anything except purely adding resistance inline. The gauge though is doing some 'more stuff' and its possible that this car is finicky.

I do think that its very important to figure out WHY which is why I recommended he go and see you guys in person in the first place. Its possible that while the gauge may be functional in other vehicles and on the bench, that something could be gleaned from this car which could lead to a way to prevent whatever this issue is from occurring in other vehicles, etc.

FWIW

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
it is possible. i dont know anyone with setting even close to mine. its probly better not to add another peice of hardware for such a quick change... all pcm form here on out

but my settings form when i had the SC are way diff then now. that table is not even active as far as i know. it was just left from the swap(mostly for looks now, and i dont want a hole where i mounted it
i guess im moving gauges around

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by beyerch@May 10 2006, 01:02 PM
P.S.

I really think the topic of this thread should be changed to something a bit more civil......  No one really knows what the deal is with the gauge in your car so its quite a bit unfair to make a statement like that.

fwiw
[snapback]125283[/snapback]​
i will be hooking this up ot ravens car(well he doenst know it yet :ph34r: ) to see. im positive it will act the same .........ie the thing wont even power up to any 12 volt source. :blink: ...........

..............must be my car again. :huh2:

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
he does not, and all of my grounds we checked by me(electrician),ron, and i have had the ground tested and it is perfect. im not starting a vendor war here guys its just im very mad at what would seem reliable as hell has never worked 100% for after having 2, and i tested to a 12 volt outside the car and it lit up and then stopped after 2 minutes and would not light up again.

really i was just expressing this in a 5 minute anger fit, and was planning on contacting caspers untill this thread blowup with vendors.

i guess no more needs to be said about this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info