3800 Computer Gurus!!

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Good Morning everyone. Today I would like to got to Costco (Wholesale Store) and upgrade my laptop. I have an external hardrive which I am going to keep. My question is can I transfer important files to the external hardrive and then re transfer them to the new lap top. I want to make sure I wont have any problems tranfering stuff from the power tuner and what not. Such as the program itself

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by MIKES3@May 8 2006, 09:22 AM
Good Morning everyone. Today I would like to got to Costco (Wholesale Store) and upgrade my laptop. I have an external hardrive which I am going to keep. My question is can I transfer important files to the external hardrive and then re transfer them to the new lap top. I want to make sure I wont have any problems tranfering stuff from the power tuner and what not. Such as the program itself
[snapback]124892[/snapback]​

Which would be faster in processing?

Which laptop would you guys rather have

HP DV4000
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition with SP2
Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz)
15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900
512MB DDR SDRAM (2x256MB)
60 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
FREE Upgrade to 8X DVD +/- RW/R & CD-RW Combo!!
54g™ Integ. Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Microsoft® Works/Money
Remote control

OR

HP DV8000
Processor
Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology featuring Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2300, 1.66GHz
Operating System
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition
Display
17.0” WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900)
Memory
1024MB 667MHz DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Max supported 2048MB
Hard Drive
1200GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive(f) Dual HDD- 100GB x 2
Multimedia Drive
LightScribe 8X DVD±RW and CD-RW Combo Drive with Double Layer Support
Video Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 with 128MB discrete + 128MB shared(
Network Card
Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
Sound
Altec Lansing
Keyboard
Notebook keyboard with integrated numeric keypad, 2 Quick Launch Buttons, Calculator Launch Button
Pointing device
Touch Pad with dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad HP QuickPlay(o) Music and DVD Buttons
Security
Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
Power-on password
Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
geek.jpg

Having actually worked on this laptop, I can tell you its a beast! The new Centrino Duo has about 30% more battery life then the original Centrino processor and the the mix of 128MB dedicated video card and 128MB shared will work great! However, dont expect to use this laptop for World of Warcraft or any high-enriched video games, this processor isn't made for them... if this is to be a gaming laptop, then look into the Athlon 64's with the X600 video card chipsets...

--GS Agent Mike :D

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Mikes1998GTP@May 8 2006, 04:03 PM
geek.jpg

Having actually worked on this laptop, I can tell you its a beast!  The new Centrino Duo has about 30% more battery life then the original Centrino processor and the the mix of 128MB dedicated video card and 128MB shared will work great!  However, dont expect to use this laptop for World of Warcraft or any high-enriched video games, this processor isn't made for them... if this is to be a gaming laptop, then look into the Athlon 64's with the X600 video card chipsets...

--GS Agent Mike  :D
[snapback]124974[/snapback]​

I dont want o go all out on the games. WHat about something like Call of Duty and what not

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info