3800 How I spent Saturday afternoon

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Finally got all the parts together, made the straight duct, and installed the new (new to me, anyway) WizAird set-up.

12515583874.jpg

12515594753.jpg

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@May 7 2006, 12:11 AM
There should be some heat wrapping that comes with the airbox to wrap the pipe with and seal the hole at the box. Email Wizbang and see if he can send you the wrap.
[snapback]124774[/snapback]​

I bought the airbox used, it didn't come with any pipe or heat wrap. I'll probably try the weather strip idea mentioned above.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Is it better to have that or the Fenderwell Intake

fender wall......at the track it really would not matter with headlight removed
thrashers and others like it heat soak in stand still weather, and take for ever to cool down after spending nights wrapping items and trying to seal a thrasher

i put a speedbuilt intake, and wow what a dif.. i had way more consistant low IAT's with that and the heat soak recovery was night and day
i dont recommend boxs anymore for people trying to make lots of power on the street

and it leaves you room to work with out removing that everytime and risk getting somthing into the intake path

i doubt many would arguee this if they have had both

home made intakes dont count for comparison cause they leave room for error(shitty tubing..cheap clamps, and filter location, crappy bends)

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Originally posted by SINr247@May 14 2006, 06:46 PM
Is it better to have that or the Fenderwell Intake

fender wall......at the track it really would not matter with headlight removed
thrashers and others like it heat soak in stand still weather, and take for ever to cool down after spending nights wrapping items and trying to seal a thrasher

i put a speedbuilt intake, and wow what a dif.. i had way more consistant low IAT's with that and the heat soak recovery was night and day
i dont recommend boxs anymore for people trying to make lots of power on the street

and it leaves you room to work with out removing that everytime and risk getting somthing into the intake path

i doubt many would arguee this if they have had both

home made intakes dont count for comparison cause they leave room for error(shitty tubing..cheap clamps, and filter location, crappy bends)
[snapback]125824[/snapback]​

Thats the same one I have.. I love it as well... Sounds bad ass too...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by BumpinGTP+May 14 2006, 03:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@May 7 2006, 12:08 PM
looks good man.  among other things, i added a thrasher cai over the weekend too.  check mine out
128_0423.jpg

[snapback]124810[/snapback]​
That is definately not a Thrasher intake, looks almost like an MSP.
[snapback]125808[/snapback]​
[/b]

X2

My thrasher didnt look like that. Very nice placed sticker though.

FWIW, Ive heard nothing bad about the MSP intake.

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Fish+May 15 2006, 05:42 AM-->
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@May 14 2006, 03:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@May 7 2006, 12:08 PM
looks good man.  among other things, i added a thrasher cai over the weekend too.  check mine out
128_0423.jpg

[snapback]124810[/snapback]​

That is definately not a Thrasher intake, looks almost like an MSP.
[snapback]125808[/snapback]​

X2

My thrasher didnt look like that. Very nice placed sticker though.

FWIW, Ive heard nothing bad about the MSP intake.
[snapback]125862[/snapback]​
[/b]
I bought an MSP when it came out, and sold it within 2 months of use. I went back to my stock(hogged out box.

:unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info