3800 My SSIC Pump

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Everytime people ask me what kind of knock I am seeing with the SSIC. People are like WTF!!! Are you sure you pump is working. I got one problem. No, I dont know if its working properly. I cant get to the pump because its inside my bumper. I hear the dam thing running. Its pretty dam loud. So, How do I know if the pumps working. I hope to God I dont have these problems when I get the W-Body Store IC on as well as the Ceramic coated S&S Headers. I've dumped a lot of money into the car as of now.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by BumpinGTP+May 4 2006, 04:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@May 4 2006, 03:56 PM
Are the bubbles a good thing or a bad thing?
[snapback]124536[/snapback]​
It shows that the pump is working and that the fluid is circulating.
[snapback]124541[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks Guys. I cant wait to get the BIG IC on. With all that on I think I will be saving for a new trans fairly soon.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by BumpinGTP+May 4 2006, 04:13 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
[/b]
Bubbles generally cause the IC to be less efficient at it's job. However, I plumbed your system to pull from the IC, so you would have less bubbles in the core. The only way to completely eliminate them is to add a de-gasser. All IC's have air trapped in the system to some extent. As the IC traps heat, air pockets (steam) will develop in the core under acceleration. Having a coolant heavy mix will help lower it too, but coolant isn't as efficient as water for transferring heat.

If you are thinking of getting a degasser, look into the Ford Racing one they used on '95 Cobra R's. It's small, and has 3/4" hose barbs...fairly inexpensive too. I'll see if I can find a link.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+May 4 2006, 04:21 PM-->
Originally posted by BumpinGTP@May 4 2006, 04:13 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3

Bubbles generally cause the IC to be less efficient at it's job. However, I plumbed your system to pull from the IC, so you would have less bubbles in the core. The only way to completely eliminate them is to add a de-gasser. All IC's have air trapped in the system to some extent. As the IC traps heat, air pockets (steam) will develop in the core under acceleration. Having a coolant heavy mix will help lower it too, but coolant isn't as efficient as water for transferring heat.

If you are thinking of getting a degasser, look into the Ford Racing one they used on '95 Cobra R's. It's small, and has 3/4" hose barbs...fairly inexpensive too. I'll see if I can find a link.
[snapback]124546[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ron, Is this what your talking about? If so this guys just found a buyer.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282653

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info