3800 2 codes

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
The SES light was recently tripped and I got Cylinder 4 Misfire, and System Too Rich - Bank 1. I assume the misfire is from my worn out AL-104's Thats what I get for being lazy and only doing the front 3.

But what about the system too rich? Could that be from the misfire causing raw unburnt fuel?

I do NOT have a MAF screen, but have one on order. This code was never tripped before when I was MAF screenless for several months. I have changed nothing on the car also.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by emersonhart13@May 2 2006, 06:51 PM
I hated the car without the screen, hard to tune, and it could be a combo of your problems. Check cylinder 4 and change the plug. That may get rid of both, then reinstall your screen because it was not worth running without it.
[snapback]124209[/snapback]​

You aren't kidding. I will change the plugs ASAP, and put in the MAF screen when I get it.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
:) I bet both codes go away once you get the plugs changed. Be sure to check your wires and be sure to use the grease. I also noticed the coil packs get nasty. Might want to check the connections. A light sanding improves the conductivity and then some new grease.

John

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Well.. I haven't been beating on it at all when/before the code was tripped.. and I haven't beat on it since. So its probably just a fouled out AL 104.. they do have high miles (for a colder/copper plug).

I will probably do all the plugs again as its cheap, and the front is easy as pie to do. I will have to, because I forgot what I used on the front 3's gap. Hows .054?

Yep I have a 180* thermo

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Bob, how much are the TR-6's if im going to do them all, mine as well try those.

My autolites lasted (and by lasted I mean before the gap grew to big and/or are causing a random idle misfire every minute or so) about 15k give or take.. I think. Keep in mind, I run the car HARD, atleast WOT every trip. Unless its raining or snowing. If I wasn't lazy, I'd probably change them more like every 8k or so to keep them fresh, and within gap.

Also, I should gap them at what? .054?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info