3800 Gas station error

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So I went to fill up the family minivan today.. fun right? :rolleyes: I pull into the gas station on 107th and cicero, pull up to the pump, swipe the ye 'ol credit card, and clicked 87. I quickly glance at the cost and saw .90, but not thinking anything of it I figured $2.90 a gallon. Well I start pumping and notice the gallons going a little faster then the money, not the other way around. :eek: So I topped off a (nearly) empty tank, putting in ~16 gallons for $16.37 bucks. As soon as I finished the error was fixed, and the attendant was walking around, sooo I just drove off.

Did I do the right thing? Probably not.
Do I feel bad? Not really.

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

No, you didn't do the wrong thing, as much as the gas companies are bending us over, if they fuck up and your lucky enough to catch it, more power to you. If you were doing it at a little ma and pa place thats a different story, but you did it to a billion dollar company that is jacking up prices because they can, not cause they need to. Fuck em!
CJ

I

imported_Theautoguy

Keep you receipt!!! When the prices fluctuated so much last Fall I noticed several times when I'd record the sale in my check registry off from the receipt and throw it away but when the bank statement came in the charge for that fill up was different! So hold on to the receipt untill your statement comes in, or check the charge on line.

dole21

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
South Carolina
Originally posted by Theautoguy@Apr 29 2006, 10:58 AM
Keep you receipt!!! When the prices fluctuated so much last Fall I noticed several times when I'd record the sale in my check registry off from the receipt and throw it away but when the bank statement came in the charge for that fill up was different! So hold on to the receipt untill your statement comes in, or check the charge on line.
[snapback]123769[/snapback]​

x2...

Happened to my mother as well

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info