3800 Engine Bay

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Apr 26 2006, 03:34 PM
The thing im concerned about is getting something wet that shouldnt like for instance the coil packs.  Is it ok to spray with a hose or should I just get a bucket of water and cleaner and scrub away?
[snapback]123421[/snapback]​

Dont worry about it. Its not going to effect anything. If you want to be extra safe put a platic bag over the alternator

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

If you really want to clean the aluminum parts you can use dilluted muriatic acid, It works great, however it's stinky, burns your eyes and can bother your skin if your not wearing gloves. So in a nutshell, this is an option, but not a very good one unless you are really anal about getting the aluminum stuff looking new.
CJ

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by xplicitt+Apr 26 2006, 08:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@Apr 26 2006, 03:02 PM
I do what Ron Vogel told me. Just use water and simple green
[snapback]123411[/snapback]​

This is the best method!!! Cover the alt with a plastic bag, spray simple green all over everything else, let sit five minutes or so and rinse off with the hose. Don't do it on a hot engine though.
[snapback]123454[/snapback]​
[/b]
Also if you have a CAI like the thrasher you may want to cover that up as well. Alot members also use aluminum Foil to cover the ALT & Coil packs.

LeeGTP

Addict
Nov 10, 2008
Originally posted by xplicitt+Apr 26 2006, 08:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@Apr 26 2006, 03:02 PM
I do what Ron Vogel told me. Just use water and simple green
[snapback]123411[/snapback]​

This is the best method!!! Cover the alt with a plastic bag, spray simple green all over everything else, let sit five minutes or so and rinse off with the hose. Don't do it on a hot engine though.
[snapback]123454[/snapback]​
[/b]
Also if you have a CAI like the thrasher you may want to cover that up as well. Alot members also use aluminum Foil to cover the ALT & Coil packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info