3800 MSD Wires...

nmaier2201

Mar 26, 2008
On my last car (alsp a GP) I had the wires and coil packs. I heard they were a waste, but I was having ignition problems so I 1st replaced the wires, then when problem persisted bought the coil packs.

Honestly, it fixed my problem, but I had no improvement over stock. So I went up a couple miliamps or something..... I never noticed.

On the flip side it sure beats two pistons misfiring! :banghead:

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by Xtant12+Apr 21 2006, 01:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Apr 21 2006, 12:55 PM
wires are a waste of money theres nothing wrong with gm wires I use them on my transam.
[snapback]122779[/snapback]​

Ok.. Thanks.. 1 More thing.. How do you get your page ( Replys ) To list your car mods...
[snapback]122781[/snapback]​
[/b]

its in My Controls under Edit Signature

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
you will never feel any difference in ignition until you spin more then 7000rpm as the stock system starts to break down around 6500rpm'ish at that point you just get the msd box and be done with it wires won't make any difference unless you're trying to run some kind of insane sparkplug gap like 70'ish and even then you'll need a box to make the spark jump a gap that large.

I'm not even running aftermarket ignition on my t/a the only part I replaced was the coil/dist only because the gear was chewed up on the stock one tho.

excuse the rant I'm just sick of seeing people talk about ignition it does nothing unless you're making insane amounts of power (900+ hp) and even then it's only used to get proper spark not because it makes more horsepower.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info