3800 yes another one of thos can I beat X thread

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
1998 transam bone stock I raced him in the GXP and we were dead even until 74 and then he started to inch by me.

he wants to run the gtp assuming I tune it and have no kr do you think I'd pull him?

mind you when I had the 3.4 on my car and no PEM's I stayed dead even with the gxp until 80 then for some reason it would start to walk me pretty bad the gxps seem to have mad topend like the transams.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Originally posted by xierxior@Apr 19 2006, 07:50 PM
1998 transam bone stock I raced him in the GXP and we were dead even until 74 and then he started to inch by me.

he wants to run the gtp assuming I tune it and have no kr do you think I'd pull him?

mind you when I had the 3.4 on my car and no PEM's I stayed dead even with the gxp until 80 then for some reason it would start to walk me pretty bad the gxps seem to have mad topend like the transams.
[snapback]122512[/snapback]​

Well, GXP's usually trap in the 100-101 range, and if he was inching past on topend, he's probably running around a 13.7-13.8 at about 103-104....

It's really heavily dependent on whether it's an M6 or A4. The Auto, I'd say MIGHT be a decent race, they're usually closer to 13.8/102, but the M6 cars in the hands of a good driver can go mid 13's and up to 105 on some cars.

I'd say you could hang with him through first, and he'd be back even by 60 and have 2-3 cars or so by 100....
You don't, in my opinion, have the mods to run that pulley. Even IF you're running it with no knock, you're probably drowning in fuel. You could be considerably quicker with a 3.4, and a better/leaner tune.

I know of several 3.4 cars that can easily hang with stock LS1's just because they modded wisely. They kept the 3.4, modded around it (headers and rockers) and tuned it to run a little leaner with more timing. A few of these guys are running quicker than similarly modded cars running richer and pushing boost with a 3.0.

Just food for thought. Run him if you want, but unless his car is unusually slow (which from the GXP race, it doesn't seem to be), you probably won't be too terribly close to beating him over a full 1/4mi.

MT

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
Originally posted by FastGS88+Apr 20 2006, 01:36 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-xierxior
@Apr 19 2006, 07:50 PM

[snapback]122512[/snapback]​

Well, GXP's usually trap in the 100-101 range, and if he was inching past on topend, he's probably running around a 13.7-13.8 at about 103-104....

It's really heavily dependent on whether it's an M6 or A4. The Auto, I'd say MIGHT be a decent race, they're usually closer to 13.8/102, but the M6 cars in the hands of a good driver can go mid 13's and up to 105 on some cars.

I'd say you could hang with him through first, and he'd be back even by 60 and have 2-3 cars or so by 100....
You don't, in my opinion, have the mods to run that pulley. Even IF you're running it with no knock, you're probably drowning in fuel. You could be considerably quicker with a 3.4, and a better/leaner tune.

I know of several 3.4 cars that can easily hang with stock LS1's just because they modded wisely. They kept the 3.4, modded around it (headers and rockers) and tuned it to run a little leaner with more timing. A few of these guys are running quicker than similarly modded cars running richer and pushing boost with a 3.0.

Just food for thought. Run him if you want, but unless his car is unusually slow (which from the GXP race, it doesn't seem to be), you probably won't be too terribly close to beating him over a full 1/4mi.

MT
[snapback]122633[/snapback]​
[/b]

every car is different my car is actually leaning out pretty bad with the 3.3 I'm waiting on dhp to send me a powertuner I wouldn't race him until I got a tune and if I had to drown the motor in gas I would swap back up to the 3.4 and run more timming/leaner I'm just testing the waters with the 3.3 right now

I did tune a solid roller motor with a huge cam I'm pretty confident I can tune out the kr I'm getting from the 3.3 with a tuner with out riching up the motor :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• X
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list