3800 Old fashioned Engine Swap get together...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Hey guys. As most of you know Steve hurt himself yesterday working on a car... a car he was putting a motor in that I sold. The issue here is that Steve will not be in a position to work on this car again in any appreciable amount of time and both him and I need this car to leave his house.

We have a drivetrain all bolted together outside the vehicle. We need to get that drivetrain into the car and get the old one out. Unfortunately with my schedule, and Steve living more than an hour away from me, I don't have much time to get this done other than going down there and doing it peacemail for a couple hours at a time.

What I'm looking for: Some people that are experienced in engine swaps on this vehicle to come over to Steve's this coming Saturday and give us a hand getting this drivetrain swapped so we can get this car on it's way.

I'll supply you with all the beer and grilled food you could ever want... :)

Steve live's in Palos Park for those that aren't aware. Any takers?

2KREDGHOST

TCG Elite Member
Nov 13, 2008
Originally posted by Blownbyyou+Apr 17 2006, 07:35 AM-->
Originally posted by framos242@Apr 16 2006, 08:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-emersonhart13
@Apr 16 2006, 08:44 PM
I can throw down some with you, but I have no expertise, just grunt work...
[snapback]122120[/snapback]​

x2.

LMK and I'll go.
[snapback]122121[/snapback]​

x3
[snapback]122180[/snapback]​
[/b]

x4

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

This should be an easy swap, it's a pretty much just plug and play motor. Drop it in, pop the axles back in, and plug everything back in (and trans lines and some hoses). If it was next weekend, I'd be down, but I'm leaving for Colorado Fri. night, sorry.
CJ

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by Mike K@Apr 16 2006, 08:40 PM
What I'm looking for: Some people that are experienced in engine swaps on this vehicle to come over to Steve's this coming Saturday and give us a hand getting this drivetrain swapped so we can get this car on it's way. 

[snapback]122117[/snapback]​

Im guessing this is what he is looking for...so since that would not be me I guess im out. :(

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by tonzcompg04+Apr 18 2006, 04:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Mike K
@Apr 16 2006, 08:40 PM

[snapback]122117[/snapback]​

Im guessing this is what he is looking for...so since that would not be me I guess im out. :(
[snapback]122395[/snapback]​
[/b]

x2 and its close to my house! haha, not trying to rub it in, I understand that things NEED to get done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info