3800 if turbo's are so great

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
if detonation and heat isn't a problem a blower and move alot more air then a turbo can and at a much lower rpm if you can get that to the ground a blower car will be faster..
supercharged cars always tend to run out of steam on the topend tho so if you beat a turbo car in the quarter mile and the turbo car traps a higher speed he would probably eventually run you down..

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
different power adders can be considered 'better' for a certain application. if you are talking a fwd gp, there's only so far you can go with a blower, and if you are factoring in money, labor, ease of use, then a turbo would be the way to go. if money and resources weren't an issue, im sure someone could go all out, and make a caged, wheelbarred, blown 8 sec l67. wouldnt be an m90, and im sure it would need nitrous

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by GTPPWR@Apr 16 2006, 01:16 AM
turbo helps a fwd..beacuse of lag..and wont spin the tires..plus less heat.  a SC is instant boost..and if you have arwd that can hook...it works better.

top fuels run quarters in 3.6 sec.  they need all the power they can get for that short of time.  they dont have time for turbo lag.
[snapback]122049[/snapback]​
4.6 sec ;)

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Originally posted by MrT+Apr 16 2006, 10:42 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-GTPPWR
@Apr 16 2006, 01:16 AM
turbo helps a fwd..beacuse of lag..and wont spin the tires..plus less heat.  a SC is instant boost..and if you have arwd that can hook...it works better.

top fuels run quarters in 3.6 sec.  they need all the power they can get for that short of time.   they dont have time for turbo lag.
[snapback]122049[/snapback]​
4.6 sec ;)
[snapback]122068[/snapback]​
[/b]
x2

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Also, Top Fuel is rather heavily sanctioned as far as the engine goes. They are limited to the roots blower, to 500CI, and several other key regulations. If it were allowed, I'm sure someone would try it, but the main problem is the rules forbid it, and few people have the money to build a car like a fuel car without sponsorships, and if it doesn't meet the regs, nobody will sponsor it.

MT

Originally posted by FastGS88+Apr 17 2006, 11:36 AM-->
Also, Top Fuel is rather heavily sanctioned as far as the engine goes.  They are limited to the roots blower, to 500CI, and several other key regulations.  If it were allowed, I'm sure someone would try it, but the main problem is the rules forbid it, and few people have the money to build a car like a fuel car without sponsorships, and if it doesn't meet the regs, nobody will sponsor it.

MT
[snapback]122202[/snapback]​
[/b]

ahh it's politics! - lol. and it makes sense that a s/c has instant boost compared to turbo lag. and in topfuel where tenths of seconds mean the difference between winning and losing.

<!--QuoteBegin-fish
@apr17,2006,12:06am
Stick with the M90 if its so great then.
go troll somebody elses thread with your nonsense.
where did i say how great the m-90 is?

Originally posted by Fish@Apr 18 2006, 12:56 AM
I cant hear you.  :lolsign:
[snapback]122298[/snapback]​

then maybe you can read lips :lol:
davidcaruso4cg.gif

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Mike K@Apr 18 2006, 09:23 PM
I cant hear you. lol.gif
Yes you can because the only way you could have known he was talking to you was to choose to view the message. Act like a 12 year old much? Will this ever stop?
[snapback]122417[/snapback]​

And heres Mike. Following me around. Yaaaay. :rolleyes:

If I cant tell how this conversation is going by replies and quotes, then I have problems. How how about you go stalk someone else. Thanks.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by RoyalGTP+Apr 19 2006, 02:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Apr 17 2006, 11:06 PM
[snapback]122289[/snapback]​

Why is this comment even needed? He asked an honest question, no need to reply like that and start all this stuff.
[snapback]122489[/snapback]​
[/b]

Im sorry if his latest line of threads and posts have been more or less "unnessesary". I cannot see it. So I figure it was another worthless post. Was I a smart ass?? Sure. Was this post nesessary?? Id say not since all the posts I see are talking about top fuel drag cars doing the quarter in 4 seconds. I dont think they are in the same league as a GP.

can someone say "narcissistic drama queen"

Go start some more shit somewhere else and anti hump ZZP some more. All while you change your sig and plans again. :rolleyes:

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Fish+Apr 19 2006, 11:40 PM-->
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Apr 19 2006, 02:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish

Why is this comment even needed? He asked an honest question, no need to reply like that and start all this stuff.

Im sorry if his latest line of threads and posts have been more or less "unnessesary". I cannot see it. So I figure it was another worthless post. Was I a smart ass?? Sure. Was this post nesessary?? Id say not since all the posts I see are talking about top fuel drag cars doing the quarter in 4 seconds. I dont think they are in the same league as a GP.

Go start some more shit somewhere else and anti hump ZZP some more. All while you change your sig and plans again. :rolleyes:
[snapback]122538[/snapback]​
[/b]
i own zzp parts,a few in fact, the PCM thing was just shady. And what plans have changed? For the last time pull the stick out of you ass ... we are supposed to be a "club" right. Take your glass half empty,im better then everyone views to 3800pro. im sure if you act like you know everything you might even get followers there.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by SINr247+Apr 20 2006, 12:27 AM-->
Originally posted by Fish@Apr 19 2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by RoyalGTP@Apr 19 2006, 02:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish

[snapback]122538[/snapback]​
i own zzp parts,a few in fact, the PCM thing was just shady. And what plans have changed? For the last time pull the stick out of you ass ... we are supposed to be a "club" right. Take your glass half empty,im better then everyone views to 3800pro. im sure if you act like you know everything you might even get followers there.
[snapback]122542[/snapback]​
[/b]

:blink: :blink: :rolleyes:

You know what?? Its posts like yours that make me go off. Im gonna pull a Dole now.

Ahh, man that looks better. Now the thread looks like its LOADED with great info. :lolsign:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info