3800 CARQUEST CV SHAFTS!!!

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
well to make a VERY long story short, i replaced both cv shafts tonight, and i had ordered them from carquest. at my dealer cost i can replace them (if they werent under warranty) 3.5 times rather than buying a race set. so anywayz, got the passenger side done in about 15 mins all said and done tire back on. get the left side off, and go to slide 'er in, and it wont go. so i grabbed some white lube, and lubed it, still nothing. i thought maybe the retainer was in the way, i took it off ever so gently (gashing my f-in finger with the pick) and that was not the problem. so i called carquest to verify the part number, sure enough according to the box, i had the correct one. then i looked at the shaft itself, and it had some bogus number on it. i called them back up (at 5 mins till 6 when they close) and told him, he checked on it, said they had another one in stock. so i had my gf run and get them, and opened it up.....ta-da same exact shaft. wont work. so they must have the part numbers in the computer messed up, i STRESSED to him it was a supercharged 3800 w/ hd trans, and they still didnt get it right. needless to say i had to call autozone, they didnt have one in town, so i had to drive to streator (from marseilles which is 20 miles) to get one. 70 bucks with a lifetime warranty! all in all everything working out. but watch out if anyone orders halfshafts from carquest! the PN from carquest was like 5729 or something, that WILL NOT work in the car.

happy modding!!!

that sucks! especially when you have to keep going back for the same stuff. Sorry to hear about your ordeal.
Generally speaking CQ has been really good for stock spec parts replacements.
When i was at a certain unnamed sucky auto dealership
blah9mg.gif
we exclusively used CQ for certain applications and they always were right on.

You have to admit though, CQ is better than PEP Boyz

We need to get Adam's (blownbyyou) input of this company cause he used to work there - lol

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
yeah we have had alot of problems w/ CQ's stuff lately at the dealership. plus they wont setup a cash account for us (mainly for employee's) like other parts stores do, so i have to have them billed to the shop, then pay them, and they HAVE to charge me tax plus 10%. so i mean in this car it's only a few bucks no biggie but if i bought something like a master cylinder or something that would be 250 plus a huge core, id get hit for like 30-40 bucks more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list