3800 i have a chance to buy a car...should i do it?

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
a good friend of mine has a 98 regal GS. it is IMO highly modded. has a wbs ic, 1.9's, slp headers, full exhaust, thrasher cai, 2.8-3.0 pulley, powertuner, and numerous other extras including PRJ rails and wires ect.... PLUS he has a novi 2k setup complete with some new parts (thanks to miller), he will include the csc setup, the pt w/ laptop, a very nice stereo setup w/ indash dvd/lcd, subs and all components, and amps. also, it has 18'' chrome wheels. he will include ALL stock parts that were on the car except the exhaust system. he said he would sell the car for 11k. it has 54,xxx miles. the trans will need to be replaced. now my dilema...we (my woman and myself) already have a modded l67, but im not sure if i can really pass this deal up. i know i could sell all the mods for a good chunk of change, but im just not sure what to do. any thoughts???

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
its tan/pewter. i mean the trans will be ok until the novi goes on. it MAY even be in the tune that it acts up. ive never felt it. the money isnt the big problem, i just dont know if i really want to get deep into ANOTHER l67 car. i mean its bad enough having problems with one, let alone having to worry about two 'race' cars. or should i just buy the car, sell the novi, and go with a turbo kit...hmmmm

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
well you could buy it and have spare parts, turn around and sell the car.

buy the car and use as a spare when the gtp is down.

buy the car both of you have a l67 to drive to the meets

buy the car as a dailey and mod the hell out of the gtp

dont buy the car

buy the car leave the gtp, and use the gs as the race car

its your money...think long and hard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list