3800 New Questions...

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
I posted this on the other board, I know some peeps dont read over there and I apprecaite everyones opinions here too .

Ok, I dont even know where to begin but here goes.

1. Is it OK to re-use the old lifters?
2. Is it Ok to re-use the connecting rod bolts?
3. Going from the WHIPPLE to M90, will I need a different throttle body and injectors?
4. I'm pretty sure the car will need to be retuned for the M90?
5. What is the best IC pump to run right now? Mine is dead.
6. Can you give me any tips or advice before I jump into this motor for the 2nd time

Any other help or constructive criticism is welcomed too

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
unless they were noisy, id say reuse the stock lifters. dont fix whats not broke. what size injectors were on the car? i would say it will be getting too much fuel when going to the m90. but only a scan will tell. take your time and scan scan scan. if you plan to mod the car, i would start with a good foundation. i would say go with the used shortblock. have the heads checked. maybe have em cleaned up a bit if they are not PnP already. depending on the cam thats in the car, go with a nice cam (if you are wanting to mod), go with a rollermaster timing set while it'll all be out infront of you. i would upgrade everything that is easier to do with the motor out of the car. imho. anyways good luck man

burtgtp1973

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
Bourbonnais Illinois
Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Apr 7 2006, 03:55 PM
unless they were noisy, id say reuse the stock lifters.  dont fix whats not broke.  what size injectors were on the car?  i would say it will be getting too much fuel when going to the m90.  but only a scan will tell.  take your time and scan scan scan.  if you plan to mod the car, i would start with a good foundation.  i would say go with the used shortblock.  have the heads checked.  maybe have em cleaned up a bit if they are not PnP already.  depending on the cam thats in the car, go with a nice cam (if you are wanting to mod), go with a rollermaster timing set while it'll all be out infront of you.  i would upgrade everything that is easier to do with the motor out of the car.  imho.  anyways good luck man
[snapback]121128[/snapback]​

The lifters were fine as far as I know .. there were no odd noises or such.

The car is highly modded right now. It has 42# inj. The heads are P&P W/ bigger valves and have only 5K miles on them. XP cam already installed as well. TOGS, full 2.5 exhust all the way back NO CAT :) stage 2 IC and its going to have a 3.3 pulley on for openers. I just received my Ls1 scanner today now I need a running car to learn how to use it .. lol.

I understand upgrading everything while it is out of the car, but iam only relpacing what is absolutely necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info