3800 flex pipe

May 24, 2007
is this flex pipe only there to convert the 3" exhaust flange to 2.5 pipe before the Cat?? i know it can allow the engine to rock like 6 degrees or something like that. i was just wondering because my flex pipe broke and i just welded a 3" pipe off the flange to the stock downpipe. didnt know if that will be a problem. if anyone else has experianced this what did u do and what was the result??

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by Ricky Gonzaelz@Apr 2 2006, 08:49 PM
no exhaust leaks?? any thing like that? CEL come on?
[snapback]120428[/snapback]​
Exhaust leaks generally won't set a MIL, only if is skews the H02s readings; and you could always pop in a 02 spoof to fix it.

The DP's I've built for people are done on the car, so it's built to application. Generally though if you are unsure on the fit, remove the upper motor mounts and torque down the flange from the DP to the rear mani and it will seal up fine. I've seen a few leak from re-used gaskets though.

May 24, 2007
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Apr 2 2006, 11:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ricky Gonzaelz
@Apr 2 2006, 08:49 PM
no exhaust leaks?? any thing like that? CEL come on?
[snapback]120428[/snapback]​
Exhaust leaks generally won't set a MIL, only if is skews the H02s readings; and you could always pop in a 02 spoof to fix it.

The DP's I've built for people are done on the car, so it's built to application. Generally though if you are unsure on the fit, remove the upper motor mounts and torque down the flange from the DP to the rear mani and it will seal up fine. I've seen a few leak from re-used gaskets though.
[snapback]120446[/snapback]​
[/b]

i might give that a try see how it works. thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Ricky Gonzalez
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list