3800 12 sec WS6

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
well a buddy of mine has a 12.8sec WS6. he has a stall, drag tranny, lid, full exhaust.

earlier in the day my cooling system blew at byron....T-sat froze shut....engine over heating like a sob. we pulled the Tstat out..but in turn sprayed coolant all over my opti spark...thus making my car miss and sound like a dodge truck. needless to say it is a lot slowr now than it was before......

about midnoght we met some friends up here a the lot. my other friends have a turbo motor swapped civic......thinks he can take on my other friend in his WS6. we go out to the highway..and line them up at 45mph role. The cicvic gets a car and the hit....the TA instantly pulls 3 on him..and then just goes back and forth playing with him.

I was behind the WS6 and was pulling on him even with the bad opti.... <_<

I get next to him and we go from a 40mph role. I pull 1.5 cars on him rigth off the bat..then another 3 by the time we hit 95ish...and I contiued to pull. I was shocked. with my bad ignition I was able to pull that much. cant wait till I get my new MSD opti in......then it should be pretty peppy. :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
1. The Optispark is absolutely the worst device invented in the history of man. There is a company in Florida that sells new complete units for ~$280. I learned this after spending $500+ on the various Optispark parts and trying to make my own (unsuccesfully).

2. The Optispark is either firing all 8 cylinders or it isn't. If you were racing the guy and all 8 cylinders were firing than it was a fair race and the defective optispark had little/ no affect on the race. If you were running on less than 8 cylinders you weren't pulling on him. We noticed no difference in power going from a defective Optispark to a new unit other than the car not sporatically stalling after warming up. I remember pushing that damned Camaro 4 blocks after it stalled... :ph34r:

GTPPWR

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2008
Rockford, IL
when I ran the WS6, I was missing everytime I went above 5000rpms. right now...I miss horribly at idle makes my cam seem bigger than it is. sux on gas right now...I can smell raw fuel when I get out of the car coming from the headers.

I'm opting for the new MSD opti. adjustable timing......... also throw on some things I have waiting to go on. should be good for a mid 11 on motor.

I agree that oprispark is thee worst ignition known to man. if they would make a coversion over to a DIS ignition that would be great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info