3800 Just got home from work

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Well, I felt a heavy lump comming from the rear end on my way home from work. I pulled over and the tire was dead flat.

I put some air in, and nothing. I bought a can of fix a flat :eek: :eek: , and still nothing.

I then proceeded to grab my spare and stuff but I left my tire iron in Jacques car from when I changed her tire. :angry: :( So I had to wake her up and have her drag the baby and herself to Long Grove in rushhour traffic.

I got the tire off, and the whole side on the inside was blown to hell in multiple spots. Ill get some pics later on to show the carnage.

About the only thing good was that I luckily had Rob's (starrgtp) floor jack in my car so I didnt have to use the shitty spare.

Good morning. :(

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
i got a better one Fish......i blew out a tire on my truck.....well the spare is chained to the frame to prevent theft....as usual the lock was siezed from road salt. had to call the Mrs, to come pick me up, so i could go home and pick up a 'winter' tire & rim to put on there....she had to pack up TWO kids.....probably 2 years old, and 3 months old, just to drag my sorry azz home :eek: :eek: So she pulls up with the kids in the car, goes to the back of her car (Vibe)....she had humped my 31X10.5 Mud & snow tire from the garage into her car by herself, PLUS got the two kids up from there naps & loaded them up B)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Heres pics of what I found when I removed the tire.

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

Heres pics of my sexy car.

DSC00049.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by Dreamcat78@Mar 31 2006, 08:46 PM
Fix a flat my ass LOL thats a huge rupture on the inner wall that happend to my new touareg last winter and it wasnt covered by my dealer due to the cut being on the inner wall that was done by driving ..I basically ran over something or a pothole! Sorry this happend lucky jacque came to the rescue:)
Good luck!!
[snapback]120197[/snapback]​

I didnt know the tire was that bad until I got it off the car. I used the fix a flat thinking it was a small leak and just wanted to get the car home for now. Needless to say, the pictures show it all. :lolsign:

And yes, thank god Jacque came to the rescue. I would have been in Long Grove for quite awhile if she didnt come out. I was still there for 2 hours regardless.

HUNTERDOG

Addict
Jan 26, 2008
That bites ass!

That is one reason I am always so anal about my tires. I always spend the money on better tires, rotate them, check the air regularly and keep them nice and shiney ;) . I don't want to be stuck out somewhere because Julie won't pick my ass up :blink: .

Glad it worked out though.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Apr 1 2006, 12:42 AM
just think if you were all together, what a mess that woulda been. No towing insurance?
[snapback]120224[/snapback]​

True. If we were together that would have been an interesting situation. I do have 24 hour roadside, but that thought didnt cross my mind for some reason. I had my mind set on just putting the doughnut on.

I dont know what the 1/32 your talking about Jacob.

I do have a question. I have the smaller lugs for the RS6s but not the stock ones. Would the ones I have work for stock wheels, or should I just get stock lug nuts?

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
Originally posted by Fish+Apr 1 2006, 01:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CoolGTX
@Apr 1 2006, 12:42 AM
just think if you were all together, what a mess that woulda been. No towing insurance?
[snapback]120224[/snapback]​

True. If we were together that would have been an interesting situation. I do have 24 hour roadside, but that thought didnt cross my mind for some reason. I had my mind set on just putting the doughnut on.

I dont know what the 1/32 your talking about Jacob.

I do have a question. I have the smaller lugs for the RS6s but not the stock ones. Would the ones I have work for stock wheels, or should I just get stock lug nuts?
[snapback]120233[/snapback]​
[/b]
the lugs will work.. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info