3800 Health & Fitness Forums

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
It's about that time for me to get back into things as far as health goes. I have not had a cigarette in over 7 months. It's a great once you get this far, but as we all know there are causes and effects for everything. The bad thing about quiting the stoges is you gain weight. Some may gain more than others. My body decided to gain about 40lbs. Thats a lot friggin weight!! When I was in shape I weighed about 185 and benched about 250. Now I weigh about 245 and can probably barely bench 185. I haven't tried it yet. I wanted to start reading about health and fitness and what others are doing. My goal is to become the beast I was before I started my desk job. I think I was squating about 450 lbs back in highschool. Those were the good days when woman actually were looking at me becasue they saw something nice. Forget about it now a days. I've been having some stomach problems as well lately. My problem is I eat to much late at night. That I can fix very easily. I am going to have to major things that I will be dedicated to in my life. My Grand Prix and exercising. I am looking forward to this long haul. Hell, if I can quit smoking I should ba able to loose the pounds. Before this post I kept telling myself "ok I am ready to do this. Lets do this" Thats exactly what I said before I stopped smoking, so I now know I am motivated. I'm looking forward to looking and feeling good again.

You guys / ladies know any good forums where I can snoop around in regards to health & fitness? A forum thats active?

Mike

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by preussenGTP@Mar 28 2006, 06:02 PM
Mike i think you should look at Muay Thai kick boxing or Kung Fu. .not only do they teach fighting technique but you'll learn discipline, stretching and balance.
check out Sherdog.com for loads of information
[snapback]119880[/snapback]​

I'm going to look into it Mike. I use to do all sorts of martial arts. I did Aki-do, Tai Boxing, Tai-kwon-do and I did wrestling back in the day. It all rocked. Will see what happens

GTPquickRB

Addict
Sep 11, 2008
i'd love to help - but i dont think we're on the same level

18 + testosterone + some protein = me

I will however suggest alot of running, and if not that, walking on an incline. both are great to help lose weight. oh and walking on the incline is just as good as running, with less impact if you havent run for awhile

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Oh, if you want to lose weight...do what I do.

I get up around 10am, immediately grab coffee, then have a smoke.

Once said cigarrette is completed, grab another cup of coffee.

When I'm done with the coffee, I fill up a 16oz bottle of Mountain Dew and stay on the bean all day. I go out to the garage around 11-12am, and work until dinnertime. I have dinner, and in total throughout the day probably drink a 2-liter of pop total. So no breakfast or lunch normally, and no snacks (what little snacks we have are gobbled up by my pregnant wife anyway!)

Maybe not the healthiest, but my weight seems to be under control. :rolleyes:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Mike, start off with Cardio to get you down to the weight you want to be. You should be doing some light workouts while you're in your "weight loss" phase mostly concentrating on your stabilizer muscles and your core. Some light squats would also be great. There are few other excersises that work your entire body out as well as squats.

The good thing is that it sounds like the weight came on quick. Generally it's easy come relatively easy go. Just make sure you concentrate on the cardio.

Once you reach your target weight you can start building. Once you get into the habit of eating right and get into a workout regimen the weight is easy to keep off.

I went from 270lbs in february of 2005 to 215lbs in June of 2005 (4 months). I'm back up to 220 lbs right now but it's muscle instead of fat. It's difficult but rewarding.

I still need to lose my gut... Now that it's nice out I can start riding again and hopefully that will take care of the rest of it. :)

I

imported_silverbullet

mikes3, here are my suggestions: first get off your fat ass and think positive that you are going to shred that extra pounds! i assume you drink a lot of soda at nite too. everyone know that soda make you fat. cut down on the soda, subsitute it with fruit juice or water. i drink fruit water, fruit20, vitamin water and so on just as long as it don't have have caffiene. slim fast is good too it holds your hunger plus it have vitamins and minerals. see when you eat late at nite and goes to sleep which is not good for you cause it takes at least 4 hours for food to digest. depending on what you eat if it a big t bone or ribeye it will be longer. if you have to snack on sometime eat lite like fruits, veg, or peanut butter and jelly. don't spend your money on supplements or diet pills save that for your mods. oh yeah lots of exercise and good rest helps a lot. there i hope that help!

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
Originally posted by Mike K@Mar 28 2006, 08:42 PM
Mike, start off with Cardio to get you down to the weight you want to be.  You should be doing some light workouts while you're in your "weight loss" phase mostly concentrating on your stabilizer muscles and your core.  Some light squats would also be great.  There are few other excersises that work your entire body out as well as squats.

The good thing is that it sounds like the weight came on quick.  Generally it's easy come relatively easy go.  Just make sure you concentrate on the cardio. 

Once you reach your target weight you can start building.  Once you get into the habit of eating right and get into a workout regimen the weight is easy to keep off.

I went from 270lbs in february of 2005 to 215lbs in June of 2005 (4 months).  I'm back up to 220 lbs right now but it's muscle instead of fat.  It's difficult but rewarding.

I still need to lose my gut...  Now that it's nice out I can start riding again and hopefully that will take care of the rest of it. :)
[snapback]119896[/snapback]​

Thanks Mike. I remember someone saying you use to be a big guy. When I saw you at Hooters you were fit. Doing the cadio is exactly what I am doing first. I may joing the YMCA so I can do some 45 miute work outs. Lifetime is nice but I want to get started ASAP. Plus all the woman always loog good at lifetime. Theres no way I'll show my face there as of yet. I use to go there baout 3 years ago. Maybe in the next year I'll join. That place is bad ass though. You are correct in regards to gaining the weight quickly. I probably took about 3 months for to gain 30 lbs after I quit smoking. I agree that it wont take long to loose it. I just have to maintain the lost weight.

mikes3, here are my suggestions: first get off your fat ass and think positive that you are going to shred that extra pounds! i assume you drink a lot of soda at nite too. everyone know that soda make you fat. cut down on the soda, subsitute it with fruit juice or water. i drink fruit water, fruit20, vitamin water and so on just as long as it don't have have caffiene. slim fast is good too it holds your hunger plus it have vitamins and minerals. see when you eat late at nite and goes to sleep which is not good for you cause it takes at least 4 hours for food to digest. depending on what you eat if it a big t bone or ribeye it will be longer. if you have to snack on sometime eat lite like fruits, veg, or peanut butter and jelly. don't spend your money on supplements or diet pills save that for your mods. oh yeah lots of exercise and good rest helps a lot. there i hope that help!

As for you tough guy!! j/k :D I dont drink pop. No way!! I drink nothing but water at this point in time. I am eating 4-6 very small meals a day. I start out with breakfast. Thats a banana. 2 hours later I will eat an apple or apple sauce in the little containers that you get for lunches. For lunch I go to Panera bread and eat there salads. OUTSTANDING!! Then I'll eat another apple 2-3 hours after lunch(3:00-4:00) Then I am out of work and on my way home. At dinner I skip the pizza meals that my mom orders. I'll eat a can of tuna or white chicken. I eat that around 6:30 or 7:00 and I'm done for the night with food. I'll wait about an hour then I do my cardio. Once I loose about 25lbs I'll begin the weights and I dont do supplements. Waste of money. You had the right idea on the modding my car thing B) .

black00gt

Aug 21, 2008
Originally posted by Mike K@Mar 28 2006, 08:42 PM
Mike, start off with Cardio to get you down to the weight you want to be.  You should be doing some light workouts while you're in your "weight loss" phase mostly concentrating on your stabilizer muscles and your core.  Some light squats would also be great.  There are few other excersises that work your entire body out as well as squats.

The good thing is that it sounds like the weight came on quick.  Generally it's easy come relatively easy go.  Just make sure you concentrate on the cardio. 

Once you reach your target weight you can start building.  Once you get into the habit of eating right and get into a workout regimen the weight is easy to keep off.

I went from 270lbs in february of 2005 to 215lbs in June of 2005 (4 months).  I'm back up to 220 lbs right now but it's muscle instead of fat.  It's difficult but rewarding.

I still need to lose my gut...  Now that it's nice out I can start riding again and hopefully that will take care of the rest of it. :)
[snapback]119896[/snapback]​

All good advice, but definitely don't be afraid to hit the weights somewhat either, as you put on the "lean mass" that will help increase your metabolism, and well, as I think we all know...that means more burnt calories.

"Structural" exercises would be the way to go to get back into it, like Mike K said, squats are good, along with the classic bench press and any other multi-joint excercises, just to start waking the muscles back up.

Well, thats what I have for now, this is what I'm going to school for, so if you have any other questions I'll be glad to help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info