3800 Demod Sale

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
As some of you know, I sold my GTP on Sunday and bought a TA. I am selling these parts. The wheels I dont want to ship. But any of these small parts I will ship if the buyer is far away.

1998 Pace Car Torque Star wheels with Kumo 712's P245 50 R16 tires. The rims are in great condition in some spots the clearcoat is rubbing off though. Tires are almost brand new I only used them last summer for like 5 months. Im looking for $400.

DSC06027Small.jpg

DSC05971Small.jpg

More pics...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vip...C05969Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vip...C06028Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vip...C06029Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vip...C06030Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vip...C06031Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vip...C06032Small.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/vip...C06033Small.jpg

DHP for 98 GTP: $80

DSC06035Small.jpg

Dogbones off a 03 Grand Prix GT with 30K (syP gets first dibs, he told me he wanted them) $20

DSC05894Small.jpg

DSC05895Small.jpg

Thrasher Intake Elbow: $10 (PressianGTP gets first dibs)

Sorry no Picture

I also have more Misc Grand Prix Parts, I will add them later when I get pictures.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
not to be terribly nit picky; however, if those were daytona pace car rims, where are the daytona pace car center caps ? Tires / rims are probably worth 400, just saying, ,they probably don't qualify as pace car rims without the center caps as those are the only real item that would seperate 'pace car' rims with the normal non-hipo torque star rims.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by beyerch@Mar 27 2006, 11:31 PM
not to be terribly nit picky; however, if those were daytona pace car rims, where are the daytona pace car center caps ?  Tires / rims are probably worth 400, just saying, ,they probably don't qualify as pace car rims without the center caps as those are the only real item that would seperate 'pace car' rims with the normal non-hipo torque star rims.
[snapback]119799[/snapback]​

I thought the pace car rims were also had a little more flake in the paint then the normal silver torque stars.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
not to be terribly nit picky; however, if those were daytona pace car rims, where are the daytona pace car center caps ? Tires / rims are probably worth 400, just saying, ,they probably don't qualify as pace car rims without the center caps as those are the only real item that would seperate 'pace car' rims with the normal non-hipo torque star rims.

They had center caps on them when I got them that said "Daytona Pace Car" but since these were kinda getting faided and I didnt have a pacecar and bought some normal center caps.

Actually the pace car wheels are more silver/white than the regular non-chrome torque stars. They look really nice.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Originally posted by vipermike2002@Mar 28 2006, 07:40 AM

They had center caps on them when I got them that said "Daytona Pace Car" but since these were kinda getting faided and I didnt have a pacecar and bought some normal center caps.

Actually the pace car wheels are more silver/white than the regular non-chrome torque stars. They look really nice.
[snapback]119825[/snapback]​

I know, I have a 98 pace car. Actually I'm on my second one. ;) But I'm not sure about the color difference; however. I have a set of stock torque stars in the garage and they appeared to be the same as the pace c ar torque's. I'll look at em side by side. If there's a difference in color its minimal.

Eitherway $400 for rims + tires is a good deal, just was curious about the whole pace car part of it.

thanks

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Originally posted by aarontrini85+Mar 28 2006, 02:53 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ironman
@Mar 28 2006, 02:38 PM
I'll take the dogbones...

Where are you located at?

-Ironman
[snapback]119855[/snapback]​

what is the beffifit of the newer style dog bones??? and ill take the ecu if it will work on a 99
[snapback]119859[/snapback]​
[/b]

I dont think there is a benifit, they are just stock dogbones off a 03. The DHP will not work on your 99.

A

aarontrini85

Originally posted by vipermike2002+Mar 28 2006, 03:13 PM-->
Originally posted by aarontrini85@Mar 28 2006, 02:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ironman
@Mar 28 2006, 02:38 PM
I'll take the dogbones...

Where are you located at?

-Ironman
[snapback]119855[/snapback]​

what is the beffifit of the newer style dog bones??? and ill take the ecu if it will work on a 99
[snapback]119859[/snapback]​

I dont think there is a benifit, they are just stock dogbones off a 03. The DHP will not work on your 99.
[snapback]119862[/snapback]​
[/b]

noooo lol well bump for you then

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
no, there's no color difference in the pace car rims, thats why I had mine chromed 

I have been told they have more silver flake in the paint than the regular torque stars. Ive seen GP's with the non polished Troque star wheels they look just like mine but they arnt as white/silver.

a9_1_sbl.jpg

Regular Torque Star

DSC06029Small.jpg

Pace car torque Star

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
you know, I went out this morning and put my normal torque star rim right next to the pace car. You are correct, there are slightly different colored as the normal torque star is a bit more 'flaky/sparkly' silverish than the pace car rim.

From a distance I never really thought they were different and probably just thought my rims were dirty, but up close and side by side, there's definitely a slight difference.

What type of tires are on those rims and what ocndition are the rims and tires ? I might take those and sell these other ones as I wanted a set of actual ones to match my car. The current ones on the car are 'ok' but I'd like a cleaner set if i can find one.

thanks

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
What type of tires are on those rims and what ocndition are the rims and tires ? I might take those and sell these other ones as I wanted a set of actual ones to match my car. The current ones on the car are 'ok' but I'd like a cleaner set if i can find one.

The tires are Khumo 712's P245 50R 16's. I bought them last summer and they have under 10,000 miles on them. The rims are in great shape, I always clean them, and because of this some of the clear coat is coming off on some parts of the wheels, you cant really notice it unless you look close.

Check out the links to pics I posted in the first post.

Sure do.

I work in Des Plaines. Did you want to try to hook up around 4:30-5:00 on a weeday?

-Ironman

Let me know when because some days I work 4-8.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Originally posted by MIKES3@Apr 3 2006, 12:40 PM
Are the rims/tires sold? My friend Matt is interested
[snapback]120522[/snapback]​

Sorry dude. Tell your friend I needed them more. :lolsign:

DSC00044.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

OT, but I saw you last week heading west on Golf while I was at the light on Roselle turning east on Golf. Why were you racing a minivan?? Or do you normally take off like that?? :lolsign:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Originally posted by Fish+Apr 3 2006, 10:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-MIKES3
@Apr 3 2006, 12:40 PM
Are the rims/tires sold? My friend Matt is interested
[snapback]120522[/snapback]​

OT, but I saw you last week heading west on Golf while I was at the light on Roselle turning east on Golf. Why were you racing a minivan?? Or do you normally take off like that?? :lolsign:
[snapback]120620[/snapback]​
[/b]

Have you not seen his posts about traffic court? I'm gonna say the latter :lolsign: just teasin ya Mike..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info