3800 Raced a Mustang

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
On Saturday I come across a 89(?) Mustang LX 5.0 manual. He was peeling off from a stop sign. I roll next to him at the light and said if he wanted to race. At first he didnt seem to want to race but when I told him I could take him he jumped all over it. I really had no idea if I could take him or not. I have no idea what they run in the 1/4 mile but I didnt care. He had a big ass guage on his dash but said he was stock. (who knows) Anyway with my pretty bad launch he ended up putting about 1 1/2 cars on me with 4 people in his car(including him) and 2 in mine. My mods are only open cone and 2.5 dp. This is what his car looked like color and all. Does that sound about right ASSuming he was stock?
[attachmentid=2673]

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Mar 27 2006, 09:51 AM
On Saturday I come across a 89(?) Mustang LX 5.0 manual.  He was peeling off from a stop sign.  I roll next to him at the light and said if he wanted to race.  At first he didnt seem to want to race but when I told him I could take him he jumped all over it. I really had no idea if I could take him or not.  I have no idea what they run in the 1/4 mile but I didnt care.  He had a big ass guage on his dash but said he was stock. (who knows)  Anyway with my pretty bad launch he ended up putting about 1 1/2 cars on me with 4 people in his car(including him) and 2 in mine.  My mods are only open cone and 2.5 dp.  This is what his car looked like color and all.  Does that sound about right ASSuming he was stock?
[attachmentid=2673]
[snapback]119686[/snapback]​

If it was stock, it wouldn't even be a contest.

BUT........

He probaly had an Xpipe, catback, intake, 4.11 gears, Cobra Intake Manifold, with a Tach SHift Light.

That is more than enough to take ya.

Get a 3.4 Pulley and a DHP for only $99.99 from the Wbodystore and you should be game for next time and make it a lot closer.

I

imported_Theautoguy

An 89-93' Mustang with a stick, cone filter and 4 degrees advanced timing can touch 13's if it's driven like it's stolen! My 89' LX auto with a few bolt ons on top of a full exhaust was in the 13's and still got 27 mpg on the highway. It was a fun car until the cops started paying too much attention to Mustangs in my area.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info