3800 New stereo system - DONE *pics*

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
I posted this up at ClubGP, too, but I know that a lot of you don't make it over there very often... the new stereo far from "competition" grade, but the sound quality is so much better than stock and I am really thrilled with the final results. I used a Pioneer DEH-P6800MP head unit, PAC wiring harness w/ OEM adapter, PAC SWI-X steering wheel adapter, Pioneer 6.5s in the doors, Pioneer 3-way 6x9s in the rear deck (all powered by a 200w Alpine amp), and a self-powered 10" Kenwood subwoofer. What do you all think?

8416161012.jpg

8416165245.jpg

P1010042%20(Medium).JPG

P1010044%20(Medium).JPG

My installer was Lee Garber of Cook County Customs and he did an EXCELLENT job at a price that was more than fair. You can check out more of his work at www.cookcountycustoms.com

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Originally posted by FilsGTP@Mar 26 2006, 09:29 PM
how do you like the headunit...i've been contemplating getting that exact one for some time.  Thanks...looks good by the way
[snapback]119642[/snapback]​

I love the head unit. I had the same speakers with the stock HU before I got the Pioneer and it's amazing how much difference it made. I can definitely recommend it! One warning, though... you can adjust the brightness of the screen, but not the backlighting on the controls and they can be a bit bright for night-time driving. I'm already completely used to it after a couple days, but if you are easily distracted it could be an issue.

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Mar 26 2006, 11:51 PM
It looks good John.  Did your installer fabricate the plate himself? I would like one of those for my car.  And what did he charge you for installation?
[snapback]119655[/snapback]​

The mounting bracket/plate was custom made by Mark Penny of www.humount.com and my installer gave me an extra-special "my-buddy-helped-him-out-of-a-jam-so-he-owed-us-one" rate, but even his normal rates are pretty low. Be warned, though... his hourly rate is low, but it's a lot of hours. He estimates roughly 10-12 hours for a complete install (we did mine in parts). If you're interested in seeing his work, check out www.cookcountycustoms.com (his company) or email him at [email protected]

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Originally posted by Ten32+Mar 27 2006, 08:12 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-chipmonk212121
@Mar 26 2006, 11:51 PM
It looks good John.  Did your installer fabricate the plate himself? I would like one of those for my car.  And what did he charge you for installation?
[snapback]119655[/snapback]​

The mounting bracket/plate was custom made by Mark Penny of www.humount.com and my installer gave me an extra-special "my-buddy-helped-him-out-of-a-jam-so-he-owed-us-one" rate, but even his normal rates are pretty low. Be warned, though... his hourly rate is low, but it's a lot of hours. He estimates roughly 10-12 hours for a complete install (we did mine in parts). If you're interested in seeing his work, check out www.cookcountycustoms.com (his company) or email him at [email protected]
[snapback]119681[/snapback]​
[/b]

Nice setup!

10-12 hours to install a head unit, amp, and all wiring is CRAZY!!..... regardless of how clean of a setup it is.

Ten32

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Wilmette, IL
Originally posted by tonzcompg04@Mar 27 2006, 03:02 PM

Nice setup! 

10-12 hours to install a head unit, amp, and all wiring is CRAZY!!..... regardless of how clean of a setup it is.
[snapback]119729[/snapback]​

I would agree except that I was there for the most of the installs and our cars are just a bitch to work on. Fighting with the rear deck especially is a pain. I'm sure that he could get it done faster now that he's done my car and is more familiar with Grand Prixs, but there were a lot of issues that kept popping up from alternator wine to bad grounds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info