3800 DHP/trans question

black00gt

Aug 21, 2008
First off, at around 81k I had my trans rebuilt (by a GM/Pont. dealer), I waited a good 1k miles before I put my DHP (v1.0) back in, it was okay for a little while, but eventually started acting up again (shifting hard/whenver it wanted to/not shifting), so I figured of fine, I'll put the stock PCM back in, well when I did, it was still doing everything that I jsut mentioned, so finally, a whopping 5k miles later, I brought my car back to shop and this time it didnt need a rebuild, they just replaced the valve body and pressure control solenoid...anyone have any clue what's going on here? I want to put the DHP back in of course, but I'm afraid of this happening again...is my car just being a bitch or could there be something wrong w/ my PCM?

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
your not alone, im having the SAME problems with my DHP as well! I haven't had to have the trans rebulit, but I'm worried that I might be running into problems down the line with only 63k miles on mine now... we should try and get a hold of Charles at DHP and see if we can both go down to his place one night and have him run a diagnostic and give us his personal professional opinion, right? I'm tempted to go back to stock myself if my problems continue...

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The DHP PCM itself will not cause a transmission failure however it may exaggerate an existing failure. If something was replaced it needed to be replaced because it was malfunctioning. It may have lasted a bit longer without the PCM but the same component would have failed eventually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info