3800 who is good with suspension...

I

imported_Ron Vogel

With the wheel off the ground grab the wheel in the 12 and 6 'o clock positions. If the wheel has play it's either ball joints or wheel bearings. At the 3 and 9 '0 clock postion if there is play it could be tie-rods or wheel bearings.

With the wheel off, visually inspect the end links and sway bar brackets for damage. Also look at the end of the bar for cracking.

With the car on the ground remove the nut at the end of the top of the strut. The strut mount is a metal collar surrounded by rubber. when they go bad, the rubber seperates from the metal. Yuo should be able to see it, or bounce the front end a little while it's apart.

HTH's

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
Ok after checkign everything out, I found nothing. So i took it to midas and they put it up on the lift and found it was the right front seay bark link. Is this easy to replace? they want 50$ to fix it at midas. 20 for the part and 30 for labor. Easy enough to buy one off Ed Morad and fix myself?

Toasty

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bolingbrook, IL
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Apr 20 2006, 11:44 PM
What you want is sometimes referred to as a "swaybar endlink" as well.
[snapback]122705[/snapback]​

or also refered to sway bar repair kit

... as far as upgrades, the only "upgrades" are urethane bushings vs rubber

you should be able to pick em up for under 20 bucks... dont bother buying used

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info