3800 high fuel pressure

CoolGTX

let sleeping dogs lie
Nov 17, 2008
Hotel 4 Dogs
Real Name
J/O
soon after I had my track outing, not that day, but a few days aftr, my fuel pressure at idle is now 52lbs, instead of the 42 it used to be. I checked all vacumn lines and they are all still on(zip tied every single one at cam install). Checked the return line for any kinks(none what so ever).
when I key up the ignition and dont start it, the pressure is at 42 like it should be, but as soon as I start the car, it goes to 52 like the regulator has vacumn line pulled. my vacumn and boost work fine on my gauge.
when I go WOT and have 12 psi it goes to 60-62 LBs, just like it normally did before.

I really dont think its the sending unit. I'm thinking its the regulator for some
reason(dirt?) I also notice my LTs are also high at idle, just like the regulator is really giving me 52 LBs.
I dont have FP rewire. I do have alt rewire over 1 year. I still have totally stock FP wiring.

any ideas?

anyone have a spare regulator lying around?

could I have blown out the regulator running 16 psi at the track?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by CoolGTX@Mar 21 2006, 06:09 PM
soon after I had my track outing, not that day, but a few days aftr, my fuel pressure at idle is now 52lbs, instead of the 42 it used to be. I checked all vacumn lines and they are all still on(zip tied every single one at cam install). Checked the return line for any kinks(none what so ever).
when I key up the ignition and dont start it, the pressure is at 42 like it should be, but as soon as I start the car, it goes to 52 like the regulator has vacumn line pulled. my vacumn and boost work fine on my gauge.
when I go WOT and have 12 psi it goes to 60-62 LBs, just like it normally did before.

I really dont think its the sending unit. I'm thinking its the regulator for some
reason(dirt?) I also notice my LTs are also high at idle, just like the regulator is really giving me 52 LBs.
I dont have FP rewire. I do have alt rewire over 1 year. I still have totally stock FP wiring.

any ideas?

anyone have a spare regulator lying around?

could I have blown out the regulator running 16 psi at the track?
[snapback]119065[/snapback]​
rewire wont have anything to do with this. from what your saying is the fuel system is adding to much fuel. rewire is for topend starvation form lack of pump voltage

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• CoolGTX
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list