3800 wtf is going on with connection....

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
alright well i have sbc dsl, and when i first got it, it was awesome. i use bearshare and i could d/l most 4-7mb songs in under a minute. now im having trouble. ive installed some programs on the computer but not sure what lol. i mean nothing that should have anything to do with the internet. i have the window firewall off for bearshare so i can d/l songs, but it takes FOREVER if it even works at all. i dont have any trouble surfing the web, or downloading programs or games online. i attached a screenshot of what it says when i hover over the connection area in bearshare. maybe that will tell someone what i need to do...it says TCP FIREWALLED for 58 mins or something. i dont know what that means...

computer is a gateway...3.0 mhz processor 512 ram ddr

anyone can help me...if its something majorill pay you to come over and do it lol!

I

imported_1fastGTP

Originally posted by phat_ridegt@Mar 18 2006, 11:52 AM
forgot the screen shot
[snapback]118739[/snapback]​

yea sbc is a piece of shit i have it i talked 2 them on the phone when i 1st got it and it was awesome as u said then as time went on it became the slowest thing ever they told me they would even boost up my internet a little faster that never happend. I believe its all the people that have it, its just becoming so slow now cuz its such a great price and not every 1 can afford cable so thats pretty much it the more people on it now the slower it goes. Some days it will D/L insanely fast others will be like yea ill go out n come back 2 find its still not done... I even tried unhooking it for an hour then replugging everything in to restart it pshh nothen.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by 1fastGTP+Mar 18 2006, 12:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-phat_ridegt
@Mar 18 2006, 11:52 AM
forgot the screen shot
[snapback]118739[/snapback]​

yea sbc is a piece of shit i have it i talked 2 them on the phone when i 1st got it and it was awesome as u said then as time went on it became the slowest thing ever they told me they would even boost up my internet a little faster that never happend. I believe its all the people that have it, its just becoming so slow now cuz its such a great price and not every 1 can afford cable so thats pretty much it the more people on it now the slower it goes. Some days it will D/L insanely fast others will be like yea ill go out n come back 2 find its still not done... I even tried unhooking it for an hour then replugging everything in to restart it pshh nothen.
[snapback]118741[/snapback]​
[/b]
all of them suck. i have broadband for 2 moths and they been here 3 times cause it just stopped working and one of the times they even replaced the modem and tv box

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Well did you ever think about the fact that downloading songs off programs like bearshare, limewire, kazaa..etc can cause your computer to become a piece of shit! When you disable your firewall you become very vulnerable to backdoor programs and shit like that. (i dont mean viruses either) For every two of your friends that use these programs with no problem there are 10 others who get totally owned from them!! Ask me how I know! :p

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
I have had DSL for about 3 years now........... works great......... always has......... I download, have like 4 IE pages up, and play CS and it goes strong every time.......... i even have a 2nd computer hooked up as well with no problems............ its probably all the spyware....... do you ever do scan and defrag? how old is the phone wire in your house?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info